Last Updated on September 26, 2022 by Ellen Christian
You are going to LOVE this big chocolate chip cookie recipe! My husband is a huge fan of homemade chocolate chip cookies. And these are his favorites.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Big Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
When he has chocolate chip cookies, he doesn’t want those tiny cookies. He wants a chocolate chip cookie that fills the palm of his hand.
I have been searching for a big chocolate chip cookie recipe and a way to ensure that the cookies all come out the same size. When I received the Sweet Creations by Good Cook Whoopie Pie Pan for review, I knew I had found my solution.
The Whoopie Pie Pan makes 12 big chocolate chip cookies. The good thing about this big chocolate chip cookie recipe is that it is extremely versatile.
You can use just about any addition you like. Take out the chocolate chips and nuts and replace them with raisins or dried cranberries.
Use pecans or almonds in place of the walnuts. Substitute M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces for the chocolate chips. Whatever you like in your cookies, you can add it or remove it.
This is seriously the best chocolate chip cookies recipe I have made, and I get asked for it over and over again by the kids and my husband. If you’re looking for a giant birthday cookie recipe, you need to try this one for your next party.
The Whoopie Pie Pan is non-stick and these big chocolate chip cookies just popped right out with no problems at all. Making them in the whoopie pie pan means that each cookie is exactly the same size.
This is ideal if you are going to be packaging them for the holidays. They fit perfectly in the standard poly treat bags. Just add a few cookies tie with a pretty ribbon and you have a gift for Christmas.
- Easy sugar cookies with maple frosting
- Honey Bunches of Oats cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Recipes
- Natural peanut butter cookies
- Palm oil popcorn
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 10 oz Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips, all natural
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 350F
- Beat butter and sugars until well mixed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to wet ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Stir well.
- Press dough into Good Cook Whoopie Pie Pan. Keep it about even with the top of the pan.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack.
- Makes about 2 - 3 dozen cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 593Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 4gSugar: 39gProtein: 8g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.