Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This asparagus and bacon quiche recipe is one of my favorites. One of my favorite spring foods is asparagus. While we don’t grow any in the garden, I always look for fresh asparagus in the grocery store when it’s spring. This quiche recipe includes not only asparagus but also Egyptian Walking Onions from our garden.
You may also like:
Asparagus and Bacon Quiche Recipe
So, have you ever heard of Egyptian walking onions? You may also know them by the name top setting onions. These little onions replant themselves year after year by forming a small onion bulb at the top of the green stalk. Then, the stalk tips over and the onion bulb walks to its new location and plants itself for next year. Anything that replants itself year after year is a good choice in my book. If you don’t have Egyptian Walking Onions, you can use scallions in this quiche recipe instead.
So, have you ever made a quiche recipe before? What is your favorite type of quiche recipe?
Variations to my asparagus and bacon quiche recipe
Now, if you’d like to try a bacon asparagus frittata, learn how to make a frittata to use up leftover veggies and meat. Or, you could use the same recipe below to make a ham and asparagus quiche or a steak and asparagus quiche. Then, just alter the ingredients a bit to fit what you have on hand.
This quiche recipe is part of Brunch Week. So, make sure you take a moment to check out the other recipes. Or, this Paleo Frittata recipe is perfect for those that do not want to use dairy. Plus, it’s very easy to customize. You can add any type of vegetable, for instance.
Meat, Poultry, and Fish
Bread, Grains, Cereals and Pancake-type Yums
Fruits and Veggies
Honey-Watermelon Soup by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Bacon Quiche Recipe
Now, check out my easy bacon quiche recipe with asparagus and walking onions.
40 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 9" pie crust, bottom only
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup asparagus spears, cooked & chopped
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Egyptian Walking Onions or scallions, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the chopped asparagus, chopped Egyptian Walking Onions or Scallions and cooked, crumbled bacon in the bottom of a 9" pie crust.
- Top with the shredded Swiss cheese.
- Beat the 4 eggs with the 2 cups of heavy cream.
- Pour it over the ingredients in the 9" pie crust.
- Place the quiche on a cookie sheet in case of spills.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 300F and cook for 30 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the quiche sit for at least 10 minutes before you cut it.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.