Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you need an aromatherapy travel kit for vacation? There are days that I really rely on aromatherapy to get me through the day. Some days, I’m stressed out and need help relaxing. Other days, I am scattered and need help focusing. Still other days, my asthma is bothering me and I need a little help opening things up. Either way, I turn to aromatherapy first. Some days, I don’t have the benefit of curling up on the couch with my diffuser nearby. Sometimes I am running errands or traveling and I need to have a basic aromatherapy travel kit on hand.
Aromatherapy Travel Kit DIY
I created this aromatherapy travel kit from an Altoid tin. While you can use any tin, make sure it is deep enough to close with the bottle of essential oil you want to use. I find that Doterra or Therapeutic Blends bottles are small enough to fit in my Altoids tin. You’ll have to experiment and find out what works best for you. I’d recommend trying doTerra travel oils.
Cafe Cubano® Rectangular Empty Hinged Tin Box Containers With Solid Hinged Top. Blank Altoid Tin: Use for First Aid Kit, Survival Kits, Storage, Herbs, Pills, Crafts and More. (3, Solid Top: 3.6324 Rolls Washi Masking Tape Set,Decorative Craft Tape Collection for DIY and Gift Wrapping,by MookerdoTERRA Balance Grounding Blend – 15 mL
- Altoids or similar tin
- Washi tape
- Cotton balls
- Essential oils
- Items to decorate the top. I love these seashells.
- Clean out the Altoids or similar tin well.
- Cut pieces of cardstock to fit in the bottom and top of the Altoids tin
- Glue in place.
- Carefully line the inside sides with Washi tape. You may need to play a little to line it up and keep it the right size.
- Cover the outside bottom with Washi tape. Again, play with it to find the right height tape. Make sure the pattern covers the pattern of the Altoids tin.
- Cover the top.
- Decorate the top with whatever makes you happy: buttons, sticks, flowers, scrapbook elements, ribbons, etc.
- Place the essential oil and the cotton balls inside and close snugly.
When you want to use this aromatherapy travel kit, just remove a cotton ball and place a drop of essential oil on it. Close the tin and place the used cotton ball on TOP of the tin or in an ashtray if you are in the car. Do NOT put it back in the tin or all the cotton balls will have that scent.
Do you use aromatherapy to improve your mood? I hope you’ll try this essential oils travel kit. If you have extra tins, try this Altoid tin crafts idea.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.