Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am a compensated 3M-sponsored blogger. Opinions are my own and additional products used int he project were selected by me.
I don’t travel a lot. Most of the time, I am quite content to work at home on my blog posts and putter around in the garden. Every now and then, for business, I need to travel and I just returned home from a blog trip to Boston.
Relieve Tired Legs While Traveling
Generally traveling means a lot of walking. Just getting from one side of the airport terminal to the other can seem like a marathon. At the end of the day, my legs are generally tired and achy. I have mild varicose veins in both legs, which means I can have mild swelling and an achy feeling when I’m on my feet all day. I didn’t want that to have a negative impact on my trip so I have found some tried and true ways to relieve tired legs while traveling.
- Drink plenty of water. One of the very best ways to keep your body in the best condition possible is to stay hydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water while you’re traveling.
- Bring along a lotion that contains peppermint oil. Peppermint oil is known to help with inflammation. Find a travel size bottle and pack it in your suitcase to apply when you arrive at your destination.
- When you get to the hotel, enjoy a long soak in the tub. Warm water is relaxing and will help promote good circulation.
- As often as possible, rest with your feet up. Elevating your feet will help reduce swelling. If you can, elevate your feet at night on a few pillows while you’re sleeping.
- Take breaks to stretch your legs and feet. Trying curling and uncurling your toes, rotating your ankles, or if you can massaging your feet.
- Pick comfortable shoes. I know, we all love the way heels dress up an outfit but when traveling, it might make more sense to choose a flat or at least a lower heel than you normally wear. You can always change them when you get to your destination.
- Wear FUTURO™ Graduated Compression Legwear designed to soothe symptoms of swelling, tired, aching legs and mild varicose veins.
Futuro Revitalizing Ultra Sheer Knee Highs, Nude, Medium, Moderate (15-20 mm/Hg)FUTURO Revitalizing Trouser Socks For Women Medium Black 1 Pair (Pack of 4)Futuro Revitalizing Ultra Sheer Knee Highs for Women Large Nude Moderate Compression – 1 Pair, Pack of 2
The graduated compression improves circulation, with maximum compression at the ankle that gradually decreases up the leg. They massage tired, achy legs as you walk and move which makes them ideal for being on your feet or sitting in one place all day, traveling or doing active office work. The FUTURO™ Graduated Compression Legwear features balloon toe and reciprocated heel for added comfort.
I wasn’t sure what to expect when wearing the FUTURO™ Energizing Trouser Socks for Women but they really do help sooth symptoms of mild varicose veins, swelling and tired, aching legs. The material is soft and comfortable and the wide band at the top holds the socks securely in place. These are great for business, casual and weekend wear and I love how they helped relieve my tired legs during my business trip to Boston. I did a ton of walking and had much less leg and foot tiredness while wearing these socks than I have in the past.
FUTURO™ Graduated Compression Legwear is available in a variety of styles, sizes and colors for both men and women in the pharmacy section of major retailers nationwide, including Rite Aid, visit Futuro.com for more information.
FUTURO™ Graduated Compression Legwear is hosting the FUTURO™ STAND STRONG Sweepstakes offering a series of prizes including the chance for hardworking individuals to win the opportunity to put their feet up and relax while experiencing a trip of a lifetime and more. Prizes include a vacation, Zappos.com gift cards and FUTURO™ Revitalizing Socks.
Visit the FUTURO™ STAND STRONG sweepstakes, for sweepstakes rules and regulations and more information about FUTURO™ Legwear.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.