Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dinner is the most hectic time of the day in my house. The kids are coming home from school and work. I’m trying to finish up any work that needs to be done for the day on my blogs. My husband is wandering around looking hungry. There is housework that needs to be finished up and laundry that needs to be done for tomorrow. It all seems to happen at dinner time and that means I need a selection of fast meals for dinner to rely on.
5 Fast Meals for Dinner in Under 30 Minutes
Fast doesn’t need to mean take out pizza or fast food. It’s possible to create fast meals for dinner that are delicious and healthy and that your family will love. On the nights that are most hectic, I have a few fast meals for dinner that I fall back on regularly. I know how to make them. I generally have the ingredients on hand already. They don’t require any fancy cooking techniques or advanced preparation.
1. Easy Chicken Paprikash – This fast meal is made from chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, green bell peppers, onions and sour cream. It’s all served over a bed of egg noodles.
2. Shrimp in Coconut Milk Sauce – This Chinese recipe is gluten free. It includes shrimp, frozen vegetables and coconut milk and is served over a bed of rice. I chose a stir fry mix of vegetables but any you have on hand would work.
3. Pasta with Peas – This meatless recipe is one of our go to recipes for Lent. It would work for any time you are trying to cut down on your food budget or your consumption of meat products. It includes green peas, snap peas, pasta and ricotta cheese.
4. Pasta Puttanesca – This is another meatless meal that works for those super busy nights. It’s a slightly tangy Italian pasta dish that contains crushed tomatoes, capers, and olives.
5. Unstuffed Paleo Cabbage Rolls – This recipe is both gluten free and paleo. It combines all the yumminess of stuffed cabbage without all the work. It’s simply sausage, cabbage, mushrooms, onions and diced tomatoes.
Looking for more ideas? Check out a few of these easy meals in minutes when you’re short on time.
What are your favorite fast meals for dinner?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.