We’re having Christmas at my house so I feel the need to find healthy holiday recipes like this Mango Shrimp Ceviche recipe. I know that most people don’t think of Christmas as a time to enjoy healthy holiday recipes but it’s totally possible to make something that’s healthy that will also wow your guests. Stay away from the prepared foods and make things from scratch. No, it doesn’t have to take tons of time to cook from scratch either, trust me. You can do it.
Check out Healthy Festive Holiday Appetizers
Mango Shrimp Ceviche Recipe | Healthy Holiday Recipes
OK so if you’re anything like me, your first question was “What the heck is ceviche?” followed closely by “How the heck do I say that?” First off, ceviche is a South American dish that typically has marinated raw fish or seafood and is served as an appetizer. I’m not into raw fish and seafood even if it is marinated so the shrimp in this recipe are cooked. Second question, how do you pronounce it? Ceviche is pronounced “Say Vee Chay” with the emphasis on the second syllable. Hope that helps.
- 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp - medium sized
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag of frozen organic mango (I use Earthbound Farms)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup finely sliced celery
- ⅛ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped, fresh is best if you have it
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost the shrimp according to the package directions
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil
- Stir in the mangoes, tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Drizzle orange juice over the top & toss to combine.
- Season with salt & pepper. Cover. Chill up to 8 hours.
This post has been sponsored by Foodie.com.