This post on how to grill pizza is a sponsored campaign with Glam and General Mills. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
In my house, I do 95% of the cooking. It isn’t that my husband doesn’t know how to cook, he does. It’s just that he isn’t as adventurous a cook as I am. He tends to make pizza, tacos, burritos, spaghetti and hamburgers. He is also in charge of anything that is cooked on the grill. It only stands to reason that he should make a pizza on the grill, right? No luck there, he has decided I can figure out how to grill pizza on my own. He got the grill fired up for me and then headed inside to watch TV.
How to Grill Pizza
Learning how to grill pizza wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be. We have a charcoal grill. First, you need add the charcoal and get it going. My best tip here is to have your husband do it. This is the first time I have used a grill in my life. In our home, we enjoy spinach and mushrooms on our pizza but you can use any toppings you like.
- Pillsbury pizza crust
- Pizza sauce
- Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- Gorgonzola or Feta cheese
- Fresh spinach
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Other toppings you enjoy
- Cooking Spray
- Spray a piece of tin foil with cooking spray. We use an organic olive oil spray.
- Open the Pillsbury pizza crust and spread it on the tin foil.
- Spray the other side of the Pillsbury pizza crust with olive oil spray.
- Flip the tin foil upside down so the Pillsbury pizza crust is on the grill.
- Grill that side of the Pillsbury pizza crust until it is done.
- Flip with tongs & do the same on the other side.
- Remove the pizza crust from the grill.
- Add pizza sauce, toppings and mozzarella.
- Return to the grill & put the top on.
- Keep on the grill only until the cheese is melted.
The Pillsbury pizza crust was very easy to use on the grill. There was no need to roll it out with a rolling pin and because of that, I didn’t need to worry about the crust not being an even thickness all over. If the crust isn’t even, it will burn in spots before other areas are cooked completely. Just open the tube & unroll the crust. Using the Pillsbury Pizza Crust couldn’t have been easier. Watch the crust carefully when it’s cooking as how long it takes to cook really depends on how hot your grill is.
With not needing to turn on the oven, I love knowing that I can enjoy pizza even during the hottest summer months. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make this. I cannot wait to try a few different pizza combinations. I’m thinking that a white pizza with ranch, chicken and mushrooms sounds amazing too. I love knowing that we can make one of the kid’s favorite meals outside on the grill. My kids absolutely LOVED the grilled pizza!
With summer here, Pillsbury knows you and your family want to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. So at your next BBQ, why not grill pizza for a family fun night. Go to http://www.pillsbury.com/Cooking-Occasions/Occasions/Outdoor-Eating/How-to-Grill-Pizza
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.