It’s autumn and that means pumpkins! Living in rural Vermont, I am very lucky to have several different farmer’s markets close by. I love driving by farms and seeing wagons full of pumpkins fresh from the field to purchase. Every autumn, the kids go on hay rides and occasionally we stop by farms for the corn maze. So, now that I have the pumpkin, I really need to bake something with it.
Since our neighbor sugars our maple trees every spring and shares the syrup he makes, I always have a ton of maple syrup to use. When I saw the recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze in Baking by Hand that I was sent for a feature, I knew this was a recipe I had to try. After all, how does it get any better than pumpkin AND maple syrup?
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze
- 3 large eggs
- 7 oz whole milk
- 7 oz half and half
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz roasted pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin)
- 1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 lb stale crossant, brioche, challah or other bread cut into 1" squares
- MAPLE GLAZE:
- 6.5 oz confectioner's sugar
- 2 oz maple syrup/sugar
- 2 oz half and half
- Whisk the eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, pumpkin puree and spices in a large bowl until combined and smooth.
- Add the bread and toss with your hands or spoon until all the bread is coated with the custard. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Put all of the bread and custard into a greased 5"x9" greased pan or 7" round paper mold. (I used a 10" round silicone cake mold I received from Wholeport as part of their blogger program.)
- Bake until golden brown and firm when pressed, about 45 minutes.
- To make the glaze, whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth and lump free.
- When cooled, drizzle the pudding with the glaze.
Of course, nothing goes better with bread pudding than a good cup of coffee. I’m enjoying my Spiced Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze along with a cup of Corner Donut Shop Medium Roast Extra Bold Coffee from Brooklyn Bean Roastery. Regardless of whether you are a bear claw or rainbow sprinkles kind of person, this blend is the perfect coffee to accompany your favorite morning sweet treat… or its great just by itself. Extra bold gives you a morning jump-start powerful enough to keep you going for the rest of the day.
I truly love this coffee. It is extra bold and has a full body, rich flavor that I really enjoy. Of course, it comes in K-cups which is a must in my life. K-cups are perfect for entertaining so that everyone can choose the cup of coffee that they would most like to have. Enter to win a box of Corner Donut Shop Medium Roast Extra Bold Coffee from Brooklyn Bean Roastery below.
Welcome to the Brooklyn Bean Roastery Giveaway Hop
This event is hosted by The Review Wire and Review Wire Media and is dedicated to all coffee lovers! All participating blogs are offering a 40 count box of Brooklyn Bean Roastery k-cups, each blog a different flavor! Grab your favorite cup of joe, sit back and stop by all the blogs where you can read up on all the different Brooklyn Bean Roastery coffee flavors…you may discover something new.
Disclaimer: This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on November 19, 2013. The Brooklyn bean Roastery Event Bloggers are not responsible for shipment of the prizes. I was provided with product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to Brooklyn Bean Roastery or the company are my own and were not influenced by the company.
Companies and bloggers, if you would like to participate in group giveaway events like this one, sign up to be emailed about future events hosted by The Review Wire.