This post has been sponsored.
There are a few things that I always have on hand in the refrigerator. They’re the staples of my menu plan and things that I use regularly to create fast, healthy meals that everyone loves. Fresh herbs, ground beef, rice and sour cream are just a few of my must-have grocery staples.
Sour Cream Cooking Tips & Contest
Sour cream is one of the most versatile dairy products that I buy regularly. It can be used alone to top our favorite Mexican dishes or on baked potatoes. It can be used in dips for fresh carrot sticks and broccoli pieces. It can be used in sauces like my favorite Beef Stroganoff recipe. I even use it to bake with when I make my German Apple Pie recipe that my daughter loves. Following these sour cream cooking tips will help you get the most from your favorite sour cream.
- Always keep your sour cream refrigerated.
- If liquid rises to the top, you can pour it off or stir it back in.
- Before adding sour cream to a hot liquid, remove what you need from the container and allow it to come to room temperature.
- To avoid curdling when adding to a hot liquid, remove the pan from the heat first.
- Don’t freeze sour cream or it will separate.
- Add sour cream to your cake batter for a more moist and fluffy cake.
Hood® Sour Cream can allow you to create easy meals in a pinch with less prep time and more family time. Hood® Sour Cream is all natural, with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
From now until Friday, October 2, 2015, Country 102.5 (WKLB-FM) will host the Hood® Sour Cream Family Meals Contest on its website. Listeners and readers should send in a picture of their favorite quick and easy recipe using Hood® Sour Cream to be entered to win weekly prizes, including a pair of tickets to see some of the hottest country acts. Winners will also receive a $50 gift certificate for Peapod and a Coupon for FREE Hood® Sour Cream. The grand prize winner will have Chef Joe Gatto stock his/her fridge with meals for a week, as well as one year’s worth of FREE Hood® Sour Cream and a $500 gift certificate to Peapod. #FastFamilyMeals