Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We all want to pamper our pets. They’re always there for us. They make us smile after a long day. It’s only normal that we want to give back to them somehow to thank them for what they do for us. For many people, the first thing they think of is pet treats. Pet treats may not be the best way to pamper your pet. Kingston pet beds were provided to our kitties by Essentia.
Healthy Ways to Pamper Your Pet
We have three cats, and two of them are a tad on the chunky side. They have put on a few pounds since they were spayed and neutered. Since they’re indoor cats, they don’t get a lot of exercise time. The last thing we want to do is give them pet treats. There are healthy ways to pamper your pet that won’t increase their weight.
- The best way to pamper your pet is to spend quality time with them. Take a few moments each day to brush their coat and pet them. You can use a pet hair brush, your hand or a special glove to remove extra hair. Brushing keeps their fur healthy and cuts down on hairballs.
- Keep your pet active by playing with them. Offer them a variety of pet toys. Don’t feel like you have to buy them pet toys. Mine will play happily with a rolled up ball of foil or a clothespin.
- Give them places to play and hide. I haven’t seen a cat yet that doesn’t love to hide in boxes and paper bags. They like to hide and then jump out and pounce on things.
- Let them look out the window. Our cats love to sit on the table and look out the window at the birds and the chipmunks playing near the feeders.
- Treat them to a new pet bed. A pet bed is a place that is all theirs. Just put it in the sun and your cat will curl up for hours enjoying a cat nap.
The Kingston pet bed from Essentia is the perfect way to pamper your pet. The Natural Memory Foam used in the pet bed is made using hevea milk (rubber tree sap). It feels like the memory foam we all know and love, but it’s made without the gunk. The Kingston is made entirely of shredded natural latex and natural memory foam for maximum pressure relief, breathability and durability.
The Kingston is made from the same natural, healthy, high-quality foams they use in all of the Essentia mattresses and pillows. The SoftGripTM cotton bottom makes it safe to use on all floors. It’s adhesive free and has a machine washable cover.
I love knowing that there is a healthy way I can pamper our cats. If I don’t want to sleep on a mattress full of unhealthy chemicals, I certainly don’t want our cats sleeping on them either.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.