Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Chloraseptic®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Cold and flu season has arrived. I tried to hold it off as long as I could but it’s here. I can tell it’s here because I hear people sniffling and coughing. I’m really hoping that I don’t come down with something but I probably will. I already have a headache and a tickle in the back of my throat. I’m really trying to stay healthy but learning how to prepare for cold and flu season will help me be prepared just in case.
How to Prepare for Cold and Flu Season
For us, cold and flu season lands firmly in the middle of the winter. Because winter weather is unpredictable, I make sure I’m prepared with everything I need before winter starts. There’s nothing worse than realizing you’re sick and having to go out into -10F weather in the snow and sleet to go to the store.
Having a cold or flu really brings with it a variety of different symptoms and I’m never sure exactly which ones I’m going to have to deal with. Depending on what variety cold and flu you have, you may have a fever, sore throat, cough, sneeze, chills, aches, or stuffiness. I try to be prepared for all of the symptoms by keeping this on hand.
- Tissues with lotion. I have very sensitive skin and having super soft tissues is a must.
- Vitamin C and Elderberry Syrup. I believe in boosting my immune system naturally as much as possible. It helps.
- Homemade chicken soup. Being paleo, I don’t do the noodles. Homemade chicken soup is always soothing when you’re sick. I keep some in the freezer.
- Lip balm. I hate dry, chapped lips and they seem to bother me whenever I have a cold.
- Chamomile tea is a comfort food for me. Whenever I’m having a hard day, that’s what I turn to.
- Sore throat and cough products. I don’t like being sick and I have no plans on letting it stop me from being productive. I need something that will control the symptoms so I can keep on going.
- Entertainment is a must have. Being sick is hard enough. Being sick and bored is even worse. Grab a few DVDs or a book you haven’t read just to be prepared.
I’ve been using a variety of Chloraseptic products to help control my symptoms. I had no idea that they had such a broad range of cough and sore throat products. We’ve always used the throat spray but now that I have had a chance to try their throat lozenges and throat and cough drops I’ll be using them more often as well. I also learned that they have a sugar free version that’s perfect for Marty since he has diabetes. They even have a warming throat spray!
I love that Chloraseptic products come in a variety of flavors so everyone in the house has an option they’ll enjoy using. These products work fast so my cold doesn’t slow me down. Chloraseptic® is the #1 pharmacist recommended sore throat relief brand*. (*Lozenges Tied for #1) Check out the Cold & Flu Tracker and Chloraseptic Coupon website for your $1 Chloraseptic® Coupon. Don’t forget to head over to the Chloraseptic® Facebook page for some great DIY ideas and funny posts to get you through your week. Are you prepared for cold and flu season?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.