Last Updated on January 20, 2021 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for quilled Valentine’s Day cards? Check out this quilling Valentine cat card I made and make your own homemade card today.
Cat Quilling Valentines Day Card
I really like cards that I make myself because they are more unique and one of a kind. Every year, I try to think of something different to make him. In the past, I made him a Valentine’s Day card using the teabag folding technique.
Since Marty loves cats, I thought that making a Cat Quilling Valentines Day Card would be perfect for him. I started quilling a few years ago and it’s a fun, relatively easy way to make a variety of different shapes out of colored strips of paper.
While it takes a little bit of practice, it’s a fairly easy craft to master.
Supplies to make this project
- Blank notecard with matching envelope
- Various sizes of card stock to create layers (optional).
- Quilling strips in a cat color (brown, black, white, orange, grey)
- Markers or pens to write with.
Cat quilling card directions
Making this quilled Valentine’s Day card is fairly simple. Get started by doing the cat quilling part first.
- Create one large quilled circle and pinch ends slightly to make it oval-shaped. Glue shut. This is the cat’s body.
- Create a medium quilled circle in the same color and glue shut. This is the cat’s head.
- Create two small quilled circles in the same color and glue shut. These are the cat’s feet.
- Create two very small quilled circles in the same color and glue shut. These are the cat’s ears.
- Let all of these pieces dry completely.
- Very carefully, glue the body and head to your notecard.
- Pinch the ends of the feet and ears slightly to get them in the right shape. Glue if necessary to hold together. Glue onto the cat’s body on your notecard.
- Cut 6 small strips for whiskers. You can use the same color or you can use black or white. Glue them to the cat’s face.
- Quill a strip of paper in the same color as the body and let out one end while gluing the other end. This is the cat’s tail. Attach to the body.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- You can add layers to your notecard with other pieces of card stock or simply leave it one color.
- Write your verse. For a child or friend, you could use “You are Purr-fect Valentine.” For a romantic partner, you could use “You make me Purr Valentine.”
- You can add a simple quilled red heart to the card by taking one strip of red quilling paper and rolling it in half. Then curl each side in and glue.
I hope you have a chance to make this cat quilling Valentine’s Day card! If you enjoy handmade quilling cards, you might want to try these:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.