Last Updated on March 27, 2023 by Ellen Christian
You are going to love these Paleo Banana Pancakes with Meyer Lemon Butter! Try my paleo banana pancake recipe for today and see why it’s a favorite.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Paleo Banana Pancakes
What a deliciously decadent breakfast that’s good for you! I admit that when it comes to Paleo baked goods and products made with flour, I am a total novice. While I have done a bit of gluten free cooking for my daughter, I have always started with a flour blend purchased at the food coop.
Best paleo flour for pancakes
The flour blend almost always has rice flour, soy flour or another non-Paleo flour. The only Paleo approved flours that I’m aware of are almond flour and coconut flour. Since Marty is allergic to coconut, my choice is almond flour. That puts serious limits on what I can make.
How to make almond flour
Since our grocery store doesn’t carry almond flour, I needed to make my own. I used a 10-ounce package of slivered almonds and after processing them in the food processor for about 30 seconds, I ended up with about two cups of almond meal.
How many pancakes does this make?
That is enough for two batches of these Paleo banana pancakes. When you are making your own almond meal or flour, you want to be very certain that you do not process the almonds too much.
If you process them too much, you will end up with almond butter and that will not work in this recipe. I stop a few times while processing to check the progress.
Best toppings for paleo pancakes
Since I was sent Meyer lemons for a feature on my site, I thought that I would try a Meyer Lemon Butter to top the pancakes. Meyer Lemon butter is a nice contrast to the coconut and banana in these pancakes.
You can top it with fruit to stay more Paleo or if you allow yourself sweetener, use maple syrup. We used the maple syrup from the trees in our backyard.
This recipe makes about ten pancakes that are about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. This fed myself and my son well with a side of ham. If you are feeding more people, you can double the recipe. These really are the best paleo pancakes!
Why not try these pancakes with olive oil next.
- Strawberry paleo pancake recipe
- 4 ways to make bananas last longer
- Meatballs without breadcrumbs
- Banana smoothie with ice
- 2 small bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- ghee for frying
- maple syrup
- MEYER LEMON BUTTER
- 1/2 tbsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- Juice of half a Meyer lemon
- Mix the eggs and bananas in your food processor until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the coconut, almond meal, lemon zest and baking powder and stir until mixed.
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a pan.
- Pour batter by tablespoon into a hot frying pan. I used about 2 tablespoons per pancake.
- Cook them over low heat, turning VERY carefully when you see bubbles form on top of the pancake.
- TO MAKE THE MEYER LEMON BUTTER
- Mix the softened butter, Meyer Lemon juice to taste and the Meyer Lemon zest.
- Add a dollop of Meyer Lemon butter to the top with or without maple syrup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 10gSugar: 20gProtein: 17g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.