I absolutely love meatballs. They are one of my favorite main dishes. I enjoy eating them alone or in a recipe. Spaghetti and Meatballs and Meatball Subs are two favorite dishes from my childhood. When I grew up, my Mom always made her meatballs with breadcrumbs, torn pieces of bread or crumbled crackers. There was always some sort of bread or gluten containing food in with the meatballs. That’s what made them moist and kept them from falling apart. I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team and this post has been sponsored.
Meatballs without Breadcrumbs Gluten Free & Paleo
Now that we know my daughter is gluten intolerant and I am following the Paleo diet, we try not to cook with products that are made with grains. This leaves out bread, crackers and breadcrumbs. Thankfully, I don’t need to give up one of my family’s favorite meals any longer. This recipe for meatballs without breadcrumbs are just as delicious as the ones I remember from my childhood.
- 1 pound of grass fed beef
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp organic dill pickles, finely chopped (I use the brand "Real Pickles")
- 1 tbsp organic black olives, finely chopped
- 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce with no added sugar
- Fry the bacon until they are cooked & dry to remove excess grease. Chop into small pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Roll into 15-18 meatballs about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs until cooked through. Fry in batches if necessary.
- Drain most of the grease and pour in the jar of sauce. Simmer until warm for about 15 minutes, rolling the meatballs in the sauce as it warms.
Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my family’s favorite meals. Marty and my husband can enjoy these meatballs without breadcrumbs over traditional pasta. My daughter enjoys her over gluten free pasta. I enjoy mine over spaghetti squash when it’s in season or just in a bowl with some sauce when it’s not. I cannot make meatballs without thinking of the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. Have you seen these yet? So funny! Did you know that you can watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 on Netflix right now? What a great movie tie in for dinner.
Netflix has lots of great family movies for everyone from toddlers all the way to teens and adults. Here are a few to choose from this month: