Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
Have you ever wondered how to make meatballs without breadcrumbs? I absolutely love meatballs. They are one of my favorite main dishes. I enjoy eating them alone or in a recipe. Spaghetti and Meatballs and Meatball Subs are two favorite dishes from my childhood. When I grew up, my Mom always made her meatballs with breadcrumbs, torn pieces of bread or crumbled crackers. There was always some sort of bread or gluten-containing food in with the meatballs. That’s what made them moist and kept them from falling apart.
You may also like:
Meatballs without Breadcrumbs Gluten Free & Paleo
Now that we know my daughter is gluten intolerant and I am following the Paleo diet, we try not to cook with products that are made with grains. This leaves out bread, crackers, and breadcrumbs. Thankfully, I don’t need to give up one of my family’s favorite meals any longer. This recipe for meatballs without breadcrumbs are just as delicious as the ones I remember from my childhood. Finding entre recipes that my family loves that are also Paleo is a definite challenge for me. They are used to recipes they’ve always enjoyed and don’t want to give up their favorites.
This recipe for meatballs without breadcrumbs are just as delicious as the ones I remember from my childhood.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound of grass fed beef
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp organic dill pickles, finely chopped (I use the brand "Real Pickles")
- 1 tbsp organic black olives, finely chopped
- 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce with no added sugar
- Fry the bacon until they are cooked & dry to remove excess grease. Chop into small pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Roll into 15-18 meatballs about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs until cooked through. Fry in batches if necessary.
- Drain most of the grease and pour in the jar of sauce. Simmer until warm for about 15 minutes, rolling the meatballs in the sauce as it warms.
Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my family’s favorite meals. Marty and my husband can enjoy these meatballs without breadcrumbs over traditional pasta. My daughter enjoys her over gluten free pasta. I enjoy mine over spaghetti squash when it’s in season or just in a bowl with some sauce when it’s not. I cannot make meatballs without thinking of the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. Have you seen these yet? So funny! What a great movie tie-in for dinner.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.