Last Updated on
Learning how to make crostini will give you a simple but elegant holiday appetizer that can be ready in a very short amount of time. I don’t have a lot of extra time at the holidays to create complicated recipes. Holidays are often held at my home so most of the food preparation falls on me. That is one of our holiday traditions that I really enjoy. I try to make some of the dishes ahead of time like the cranberry bread. It’s not possible to make everything ahead of time so I try to find easy holiday recipes for our parties when I can.
How to Make Crostini
Now that I know how to make crostini, I have one simple appetizer that I can fall back on. Crostini are small pieces of toasted or fried bread served with a topping as an appetizer. I generally prefer to start with a baguette (a long, narrow loaf of French bread) but when I cannot find it at the store, I will start with traditional French or Italian bread and cut each piece in half.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 baguette or loaf of French bread, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 container of herbed goat cheese (spreadable)
- 1 small jar of chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place the thinly sliced pieces of baguette on a cookie sheet
- Brush both sides with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake about 15 minutes until golden brown, turning over part way through if the bottom isn't browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Spread with goat cheese
- Top with sun dried tomatoes.
Now that you know how to make crostini for your party, you need a really cute serving tray to hold them. This tray from Target would be perfect to serve your crostini. It’s festive and the perfecvt size to hold several for your party.
Disclosure: Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target.