Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 oz tricolor rotini
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slender green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 to 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 can (4 oz) small shrimp, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 small sprigs thyme
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rotini over high heat for about 12 minutes, until tender to the bite. Scoop out about 1/2 cup cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat, melt butter with oil. Add green onions and cook, stirring for 1 minute until softened. Remove from heat. Stir in garlic for 20 seconds. Stir in lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in cream, then shrimp. Return skillet to medium-low heat and bring just to a simmer.
- Add rotini and toss to coat. If pasta seems dry, add enough cooking water to loosen it. Taste and if desired add remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice and more salt to taste.
- Transfer pasta to warmed serving bowls. Sprinkle parmesan overtop and garnish with thyme sprigs.
I found this recipe in 200 Best Canned Fish & Seafood Recipes.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.