Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love sharing recipes on my blog and I love visiting other sites and trying new recipes I find there. I have been wanting to make my recipes printable so that my readers could print them off and try them easily but hadn’t been able to figure out how. I just found an easy way so I am going to share it with you in case you want to try it yourself. This works on Blogger blogs. I have no idea if it will work on WordPress blogs or not.
How to make your recipe printable in Blogger
1. You have to have a Google account which you should have already if you have a Blogger blog.
2. Go to Google Sites and log in.
3. Click on Create New Site. This will open a new page where you can enter your information. It should look like this picture below.
4. Leave it on Blank Template. Where it says Name Your Site, type in your blog name. Site Location should be a the name of your blog with no spaces like confessionsofanoverworkedmom. Type in the Captcha code and up at the top of the screen click the orange Create button.
5. Now you should see your sites. Your screen should look like this with your site listed.
6. Click on the link with your site name. Your screen should look like this.
7. I’m going to show you how to make your recipe printable using my Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pizza recipe as an example. You’ll need to do this for each recipe you want to make printable.
8. Click the New Page icon in the upper right hand corner. It looks like a sheet of paper with a + on it.
9. This will bring up the new page. Your screen should look like this:
10. In the box that says Name Your Page, you should put in the name of your recipe.
11. Click the orange Create button in the upper left hand corner. Your screen should look like this:
12. In the blank box below the title, paste in the text of your recipe from your blog. I don’t generally include photographs because people don’t like to print those and use up a bunch of ink.
13. Click Create Page. Check to make sure everything is good and then click the blue Save button in the upper right hand corner. At the bottom of the screen is the word Print. Click on that to see the printable version of your recipe. It should look like this:
14. Copy the URL at the top of the screen and then go back to your blog post that has the recipe in it.
15. Edit your recipe post and include Printable Recipe (or whatever text you like) and link it to the URL you copied from the last step. It will result in a post that looks like this:
16. When they click on the words “printable recipe” they will be brought to the printable site page you created and be able to print it out.
I hope that this makes sense to all of you. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will do my best to help. You need to do this in every recipe you want to create. It would also work well for crafts!
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share it to your favorite networks!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.