Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever wondered how to create a vision board? Since I work at home and my day is a combination of family and work responsibilities. I may be folding laundry while on a conference call with a client. I might be answering emails on my iPad while my son uses my business computer for his homework. Unlike days when I worked in an office, my responsibilities sort of blur together some days. It’s easy to get off focus and find myself playing Candy Crush a few too many minutes or working after dinner when I should be relaxing with my family.
How To Create A Vision Board
To help me keep my mind on my goals and my attitude positive, I decided to create a vision board. A vision board is a visual reminder of your personal goals and the positive thoughts you want to focus on. Learning how to create a vision board is not difficult at all.
- A piece of cork or foam board to serve as the base
- Ribbon to decorate
- Thumbtacks to hold your cards and images
- Images from magazines or scrapbook images that match your vision
- Fiskars 4XL Lever Punch Stamp Out
- Using the ribbon, make a criss-cross pattern over your cork or foam board. Secure on the back with a staple or thumbtack.
- Next, using the Fiskars 4XL Lever Punch Stamp Out, cut out enough squares of cardstock to write the word that describes your vision. Write one letter of your word on each square.
- Attach the cardstock squares to the top of your vision board as a reminder of what to focus on.
- Attach the images that fit your vision around your vision board. You can slip them underneath the ribbon or you can attach them with thumb tacks.
- Hang it on the wall in an area you will see it regularly. Mine is in my office.
The Fiskars 4XL Lever Punch is part of Fiskar’s newest line of lever punches that makes it easy to create extra large embellishments for a variety of craft projects. They are great for creating layered embellishments with multiple designs or creating windows on cards, scrapbook pages, or collages. I love the Fiskars brand punches. I have tried other brands before and the quality just does not stand up to frequent use. This lever punch has a wide base which means it’s not going to tip side to side while I’m using it.
The Fiskars 4XL Lever Punch works with card stock up to 65 lbs so it is perfect for my scrapbook projects. It’s very easy to use and it punches cleanly through the card stock without a lot of effort. It also has a built-in confetti catcher to catch the punches which is extremely handy. Fiskars offers a variety of different sizes of lever punches from compact to extra large. Shapes available include daisy, heart, star, butterfly, circle and more. The Fiskars 4XL Lever Punch makes it so easy to make a bunch of punches that are exactly the same.
Now that you know how to create a vision board, what will you have yours say?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.