Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A shower sanctuary is somewhere you can disappear for a few minutes (or hours if you’re lucky) to get away from the husband, the kids, the dog, and whatever else is demanding your attention right now. We can all use a little bit of me time especially this time of year. This post has been sponsored by Lunchbox, but the story is my own.
How to Create a Shower Sanctuary
I’m sure we’ve all seen those photos of huge bathrooms complete with a sauna and a bathtub big enough to fit the entire family in. You know the ones that are almost as big as your bedroom and are made from Italian marble that probably costs more than my car did? Yeah, I don’t have one of those. BUT, I can create a shower sanctuary that will make me feel like I do!
You can create a shower or bath sanctuary. I prefer a long hot bath at the end of the day, but there are times that are so busy all I manage is a ten-minute shower. With this shower sanctuary, even ten minutes will help you relax and re-focus.
First the supplies:
- Warm, soft fluffy towels. Ideally, they’d be fresh from the dryer but if not, just make sure they are soft.
- Scented candle. Choose a relaxing scent like lavender or vanilla to get you in the mood.
- Brew a cup of tea. If you’re not a tea drinker, choose your favorite indulgent beverage.
- Flowers. A girl needs flowers. Whether you have a few daisies or a dozen red roses, make sure you include them.
- Bath puff or a loofah. Your skin will thank you!
- Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth after just one shower.
- Dove Beauty Bars with moisturizing cream.
- Turn on the music. I bring my iPhone in with me and play classical music. It’s relaxing. I highly recommend Fur Elise (Beethoven).
Just fill up the tub or turn on the shower and loose yourself for as long as you can. Enjoy your tea while the tub fills or the water gets to the right temperature. Turn on the music. Light the candle. Lock the door.
The secret to beautiful skin is everyday moisture, and no other bar hydrates skin better than Dove White Beauty Bars. With a 1/4 moisturizing cream and mild cleansers, skin is left soft, and smooth. And the Dove White Beauty Bar helps skin feel more firm and elastic when compared to ordinary soap.
Or experience softer, smoother skin after just one shower with Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash.The improved ultra-mild formula is now even gentler with the rich lather you love. Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash provides skin more natural nourishment than most body washes and rinses quickly and cleanly to reveal soft, smooth skin.
Turn your shower into a sanctuary this winter with your favorite Dove products so you can step out renewed, refreshed and ready to take on the day.
Stop by your local Sam’s Club to pick up the Dove products you love.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.