Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Adding nuts for a high protein high fiber diet is one of the ways I’m trying to reduce the carbohydrates in my diet. Proteins and fiber fill you up and give you sustained energy. That works much better than the quick rush of energy that you get from eating a diet that’s loaded with carbohydrates. One of the ways that I traditionally add nuts to my diet is baking with them. While that’s a fantastic way to add nuts for a high protein, high fiber diet, it’s not all that great for cutting down on my carbohydrates. Here are a few ways that you can add nuts for a high protein, high fiber diet.
Nuts for a High Protein High Fiber Diet
- Use nuts where you use breadcrumbs for added flavor and nutrition. Grind some almonds and use them to make a crust for meat or fish. It also cuts down on the amount of breadcrumbs you use.
- Parsley and basil are great flavors to finish many dishes. Try chopping parsley with some almonds for added texture and taste.
- Add some ground nuts to your next spice rub for meat. The nuts can mellow some of the heat from the spice and add needed richness to the mix.
- Nuts are delicious in a classic rice pilaf. Stir in some roasted nuts into the rice just before serving. It’s also delicious mixed with wild rice. Wild rice has less carbs than white rice too.
- Add a few nuts to some of the cooking liquid when you’re slow cooking a piece of meat. Just blend it smooth and pour it back into the rest of the cooking liquid to enrich the flavor and thicken your sauce.
- Sugar free gelatin with cottage cheese and a handful of nuts makes a great snack when you’re watching your weight.
- Celery sticks with peanut butter are one of my favorite snacks during the summer time.
Chef Alex Guarnaschelli has shared some recipes and simple tips for cooking with nuts this holiday season. I decided to use mine in a Brownie Pecan Tart which is definitely not low carb but will be something your guests will enjoy this holiday season. You can see Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s recipes by visiting the Fisher Nuts website. Chef Alex is a regular judge on Food Network’s Chopped and is a renowned chef and executive chef of New York restaurants Butter and The Darby. Whether she is on The Today Show or in The New York Times, Chef Alex’s culinary genius can always be found transforming everyday food into savory and simple dishes.
Fisher Nuts offers a variety of nuts that you can use while cooking or straight from the bags. Their product line includes almonds, fruit, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, toppings, and walnuts. When I buy nuts, I like to chop them all at once and store them in a plastic container with a tight fitting lid. That way, when I want to add nuts to something I’m cooking, it’s a simple matter of measuring out the amount of nuts that I need for that specific recipe.
One of my lucky readers will win the Fisher Nuts prize pack pictured above. Please stop by the Twitter Party tomorrow (Tuesday, December 11) for a great time!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.