Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Product provided. This post includes affiliate links.
I love homemade condiments. They taste better than store bought and I can control the ingredients that I use. If you’ve looked at the ingredients in many of your favorites condiments, you’ll probably understand why I like to make my own. When I received Homemade Condiments by Jessica Harlan, I knew that this would be a great resource to learn more. This cookbook includes artisan recipes using fresh, natural ingredients.
Herb Infused Balsamic Vinegar Recipe
With spring only a few days away (I hope), I know that I will be eating a lot more salads. Nothing tastes better than fresh lettuce from my garden and adding a vinaigrette to it just makes it taste even better. This herb infused balsamic vinegar recipe can be used on your salad or even drizzled over new potatoes before you grill them. I’m enjoying it over a caprese salad today.
as seen in Homemade Condiments by Jessica Harlan
- 7 to 10 springs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Wash the thyme & dry it by placing it between two sheets of paper towels and patting gently.
- In a small saucepan, put the balsamic vinegar and the fresh thyme. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 1 to 3 hours to infuse flavors.
- Strain through cheesecloth or fine sieve into sterilized bottle.
- Refrigerate for up to 6 months.
Making your own condiments is very easy and it’s a great way to avoid those preservative filled bottles on the grocery store shelves. I cannot wait to try more of the recipes in this cookbook. Can you imagine a roasted red pepper aioli or a sweet pickle relish made from all natural ingredients? Yum!
Have you ever made your own condiments?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.