This post has been sponsored and product was provided as part of my partnership with CLASSICO® and reCAP®. All opinions are my own.
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We love Italian food, but we don’t tend to do a lot of pasta dishes. My daughter is gluten intolerant so we avoid traditional pasta and she’s not that fond of the way gluten-free pasta tastes. Polenta is the perfect way to enjoy Italian food without having to deal with gluten.
Italian Polenta Bites
Polenta is a paste or dough that is made from cornmeal. It’s typically boiled and then either fried or baked. While I do make homemade polenta on the weekends, when I’m looking for a quick meal during the week, I use the premade rolls of polenta you can find in the grocery store. Using pre-made polenta, I can have this meal ready in about 15 minutes.
10 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 1 roll of pre-made polenta
- olive oil
- 1 jar of CLASSICO spaghetti sauce
- Fontina cheese
- 1 cup of white rice flour
- 1 cup of potato starch
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Slice the polenta into rounds.
- Lightly fry on each side.
- Place on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Top with a spoonful of CLASSICO® spaghetti sauce.
- Top with grated Fontina cheese
- Broil or bake until the cheese melts.
- Serve with a tossed salad!
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Store in your clean, dry CLASSICO® Mason jar and seal with a reCAP BPA free pour cap.
I use this gluten free biscuit mix to make Italian Cheddar Biscuits by adding the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
Mix well and drop by teaspoonfuls. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 450F oven depending on the size of the biscuits.
CLASSICO® has announced a partnership with reCAP® to encourage consumers to reimagine uses of Classico® Atlas Mason Jars . The reCAP® lids are available in a variety of styles to let you give your CLASSICO® jar a new life after dinner.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.