Product provided. Post contains affiliate links.
Just about everyone I know is getting ready for a Super Bowl party and scouring the internet for recipes. Since healthy eating is high on my list of priorities, I have been searching for healthy super bowl dips to enjoy while watching the game. Since Marty is a huge fan of Mexican food, this healthy Mexican dip recipe is on our menu for the day. We plan on having it with corn tortilla chips and I know it’s something that everyone will enjoy.
Healthy Super Bowl Dips
As much as I love healthy cooking, I look for shortcuts when I can. I start this healthy Mexican dip recipe with a can of organic refried beans to save time. If you have extra time or simply love making your own refried beans, you can certainly use a homemade refried bean recipe in place of the canned. You can make your own homemade guacamole or you can start with a container of guacamole instead. If you’re looking for ways to save a few minutes, start with prepared refried beans and guacamole.
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of organic refried beans (or equal amount of homemade)
- 2 cups of frozen corn (or fresh if you have it)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 - 2 cups of gauacamole - homemade or store bought
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- green onions, chopped
- 1 cup organic extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Saute the onion in the extra virgin olive oil. Add the refried beans and cook until well mixed.
- Cook the corn in a small pan.
- Spread the refried beans in a small serving dish.
- Top with corn and sprinkle on cilantro.
- Add guacamole, tomatoes, cheese and green onions.
- Use organic Greek yogurt to top if desired.
Now that you are all set for the Super Bowl, you’ll want to keep the younger kids occupied for a bit while you enjoy the game. While my teenagers are old enough to watch the game quietly (most of the time), friends of ours who have younger children aren’t so lucky. Keep them busy with Peanuts Deluxe Edition: Touchdown Charlie Brown! available on DVD now. This football themed children’s DVD contains the remastered, animated TV special, It’s Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown along with three football themed episodes of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.
In It’s Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown’s school is having a parade, dance and football game because it’s homecoming season! Charlie Brown is the placekicker for his team and it’s Lucy’s job to hold the ball. I’m sure you know what happens next. Can Lucy stop herself from pulling the ball away when Charlie Brown tries to kick it? Watching Lucy yank that ball just as Charlie Brown was about to kick it was one of my favorite TV moments as a child. This DVD will provide almost two hours of football fun for the kids (or adults) when you are watching the game.