Last Updated on September 13, 2022 by Ellen Christian
This gardener’s hand scrub is perfect for clean soft hands! I love getting out in the garden each year but playing in the dirt really does a number on my hands and nails.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gardener’s Hand Scrub
I do try to remember to wear gloves when I work in the garden but sometimes I forget. I have a tendency to check for weeds every time I walk by the garden – just because.
This morning, when I let the ducks and chickens out, I wanted to see which seeds were up in the garden. While I was there, I just happened to see a handful of weeds and I couldn’t just leave them. So, there I was with no gloves weeding the garden.
Not only does gardening leave your hands and nails dirty, washing your hands leaves your skin dry and rough. While I may enjoy playing in the garden, I still want my hands to be soft and my cuticles to be smooth.
That means I need to return the moisture to my dry, rough hands regularly. This gardener’s hand scrub will work away the garden dirt and return the moisture to your skin at the same time.
The soft, lemon scent appeals much more to me than something that is heavily floral or perfumed.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used demerara for a rougher texture.)
- Put the granulated sugar in a small bowl.
- Zest the entire lemon.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice one half of it.
- Remove any seeds and put the zest and lemon juice in with the sugar.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil. You can add a little bit more if it’s too dry but you don’t want it to be liquid.
- Mix well. To use rub a quarter sized amount between your hands and rinse under hot water.
- Store in the refrigerator between uses.
Now that you have a gardener’s hand scrub, head out to the garden and tackle those weeds!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.