Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post on decorating with burlap is part of a sponsored David Tutera Casual Elegance campaign. All opinions are mine and mine alone.
I love the look of country decor in my home and I like expressing myself through the way I decorate. I cannot go out and buy new curtains, pillows and rugs whenever I get the urge to change things. What I can do is make small changes in my decor by decorating with burlap. I love the rough, country look of burlap. What I often do to soften the look a bit is to add lace to the burlap when I’m decorating. The David Tutera Casual Elegance line available at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores is exactly what I was looking for.
The Casual Elegance collection is designed & merchandised under bridal, but can be used so so much more. The possibilities are endless! David Tutera Casual Elegance marries rustic charm with modern flair. Warm naturals like burlap, tin and kraft paper are updated as votive wraps, candy favor boxes and die cuts. Stripes, lace and other simple accents add an easy, sweet vintage spirit. The result is a line of beautiful wedding day accessories that coordinate with any color scheme. Casual Elegance is perfect for adding personality to your special day!
Decorating with Burlap
I really wanted to create a centerpiece for our entertainment center. I had been looking for a centerpiece for a while but hadn’t found anything that really felt like me. The best solution was to make one myself. I wanted a centerpiece that reflected my values and gave me something to focus on when I was stressed. I decided that the words “grow” and “relax” were ones that I wanted to incorporate into my centerpiece. Focusing on things that let me grow personally and professionally is important to me and stress is something I battle with regularly.
- 1 pint size glass canning jar
- 1 quart size glass canning jar
- 1 small potted plant
- 1 glass jar candle
- 1 pkg David Tutera Burlap Ribbon
- 1 pkg David Tutera Lace Ribbon
- 1 pkg David Tutera Doily (8 inches)
- 1 pkg David Tutera Chalkboard Stakes (small)
- 1 pkg David Tutera Chalkboard Stakes (large)
- 1 pkg David Tutera Hemp Cord
- 1 small bag of pearl stones
- chalk or white acrylic paint
- glue or hot glue & hot glue gun
- precision point cotton sabs
- Add the pearl stones to each glass canning jar
- Wrap the lace ribbon around the glass jar candle and secure with glue or hot glue
- Wrap the burlap ribbon over the lace ribbon and tie with the hemp cord to hold in place
- Position the two glass canning jars, the small potted plant and the glass jar candle on the doily
- Write the word “Grow” on the small David Tutera Chalkboard Stake
- Write the word “Relax” on the large David Tutera Chalkboard Stake
- Put the large David Tutera Chalkboard Stake in the large canning jar and the small David Tutera Chalkboard Stake in the small canning jar
If you plan on changing the centerpiece or the words on the chalkboard stakes, you can write the words in white chalk. Since I do not plan on changing this, I used acrylic paint.
For more information on David Tutora Casual Elegance:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.