Last Updated on October 28, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Looking for ideas for decorating with burlap? Check out these stylish tips about using burlap decor and more to add rustic charm to your home with a unique centerpiece.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Decorating with Burlap
I love the look of country decor in my home, and I like expressing myself through the way I decorate. I cannot buy new curtains, pillows, and rugs whenever I want to change things.
But, I can make small changes in my decor by decorating with burlap.
I love the rough, country look of burlap. I often soften the look a bit by adding lace to the burlap when decorating. The David Tutera Casual Elegance line available at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores is exactly what I was looking for.
The Casual Elegance collection is designed & merchandised under bridal, but so much more can be used. The possibilities are endless! David Tutera Casual Elegance marries rustic charm with a modern flair.
Warm naturals like burlap, tin and kraft paper are updated as votive wraps, candy favor boxes and die cuts. Stripes, lace and other simple accents add an easy, sweet vintage spirit.
The result is a line of beautiful wedding day accessories that coordinate with any color scheme. Casual Elegance is perfect for adding personality to your special day!
How to make a burlap centerpiece
I really wanted to create a centerpiece for our entertainment center. I had been looking for a centerpiece for a while but hadn’t found anything that really felt like me. The best solution was to make one myself. I wanted a centerpiece that reflected my values and gave me something to focus on when stressed.
I decided that the words “grow” and “relax” were ones that I wanted to incorporate into my centerpiece. Focusing on things that let me grow personally and professionally is important to me, and I battle with stress regularly.
- 1 pint size glass canning jar
- 1 quart size glass canning jar
- 1 small potted plant
- 1 glass jar candle
- 1 pkg David Tutera Burlap Ribbon
- 1 pkg David Tutera Lace Ribbon
- 1 pkg David Tutera Doily (8 inches)
- 1 pkg David Tutera Chalkboard Stakes (small)
- 1 pkg David Tutera Chalkboard Stakes (large)
- 1 pkg David Tutera Hemp Cord
- 1 small bag of pearl stones
- chalk or white acrylic paint
- glue or hot glue & hot glue gun
- precision point cotton sabs
- Add the pearl stones to each glass canning jar
- Wrap the lace ribbon around the glass jar candle and secure with glue or hot glue
- Wrap the burlap ribbon over the lace ribbon and tie with the hemp cord to hold in place
- Position the two glass canning jars, the small potted plant, and the glass jar candle on the doily
- Write the word “Grow” on the small David Tutera Chalkboard Stake
- Write the word “Relax” on the large David Tutera Chalkboard Stake
- Put the large David Tutera Chalkboard Stake in the large canning jar and the small David Tutera Chalkboard Stake in the small canning jar
If you plan on changing the centerpiece or the words on the chalkboard stakes, you can write the words in white chalk. Since I do not plan on changing this, I used acrylic paint.
More burlap decor crafts
- How to make a burlap wreath
- Burlap lamp painting idea
- Shabby chic wreath
- Burlap planter basket
- Make burlap chairs
- Fall burlap banner
- Loose leaf tea storage container
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
15 thoughts on “Decorating with Burlap”