Last Updated on February 11, 2020 by Ellen Christian
I absolutely LOVE flowers. I try to have a vase of flowers on the kitchen table at all times. I was considering ordering Valentine floral displays for the kitchen and living room but after I looked at some of the prices online, I decided that I could create one myself that was much less expensive. I headed down to Dollar Tree to find a vase since I didn’t have one that was appropriate for Valentine’s Day.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creating Valentine Floral Displays
I wanted to create a display that was more than flowers in a vase. I wanted something that would really fall in the category of Valentine floral displays that you see on the floral sites. I haven’t been in a Dollar Tree in a while and I was really surprised at the selection they had. I found lots of different types of vases, ribbons, trays, and Valentine’s Day accessories to create my display.
- 3 glass stem vases
- Round silver plastic serving tray
- Clear accent gems
- Red heart gems
- Red metallic curling ribbon
- Extra bits of lace or burlap
- Roses or other Valentine flowers
- Remove labels from the glass stem vases.
- Fill them about a third full with water and set them in the center of the serving tray.
- Carefully arrange the clear and red heart gems around the vases.
- Cut a piece of burlap or lace so that it can wrap around the three vases together.
- Tie it with the red metallic curling ribbon leaving the ends long.
- Curl the ends of the ribbon with scissors to create a decorative fall at the front of the display.
- Carefully cut the stems of the roses to fit in the vases and arrange.
You could easily change the color of the flowers and the accents that you use for any holiday or season. I saw some really cute Easter accents at Dollar Tree when I was there. I know I’ll be heading back to pick up a few more things for a spring floral display.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.