Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I was part of the Every day, care™ project with Whirlpool® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #EveryDayCare
I normally don’t need much to keep on going each day. Just give me a few cups of coffee and a little bit of quiet time each morning and I’m good to go. I’m the caregiver in our home. My husband is disabled and needs help occasionally with the day-to-day routine. My daughter is in college and living at home. My son is a senior in high school. For a little while, my daughter’s boyfriend is living with us until he gets on his feet after his discharge from the army. This coming Spring Break is going to be super busy and I need to make sure I’m up to the challenge.
Power Up for Spring Break – Citrus Protein Smoothie
When the kids were little, Spring Break was easy. It was a matter of a few trips to the park, story hour at the library and some mommy time. Now that the kids are 17 and 21, it’s not quite so easy. They aren’t interested in a trip to the park or the library and if they want mommy time, it had better be fun and exciting. They want to hit the video arcade and go shopping and visit some of the fun local attractions. I need more energy for that!
Usually, I can just roll with it, have a few more cups of coffee and keep going. Unfortunately, I think I’m coming down with a cold and could really use a bit more energy to keep up with the kids. This is the perfect time to visit the New England Maple Museum and the kids always have a blast there. These tips are helping me power up for spring break with the kids this year.
- Take care of yourself so you can keep up with the kids. Even if that is only 15 minutes on the couch with your eyes closed or a quick cup of tea and some toast, you cannot ignore your own body’s needs. Take a short break when you need it.
- Be realistic. You want the kids to have a great time but maybe a 3-mile hike isn’t the best choice today. How about a trip to the movies instead? Despite what you want, there is no super mom.
- Don’t forget to eat properly. I know it’s tempting to skip breakfast and just have coffee but your body really does need breakfast. Remember to eat at meal times even if it’s something light. I find this Citrus Protein Smoothie gives me a healthy boost when I need a bit more energy.
- 2 clementines or other citrus fruits
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts or seeds
- Put everything in the blender and blend.
- Makes 2 smoothies.
Caregiving isn’t easy especially when you’re feeling sick or run down. But the feeling that comes with caring for your family and knowing that you’re helping others and making their day a little bit better is worth it. Remember to take care of yourself so that you can best care for those around you.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.