Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4-6 lbs of crisp apples
- ground cinnamon to taste
- granulated sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, lightly steamed
- fresh mint leaves
- Peel and core apples and cut into small cubes. Put into a heavy pan with 1/2 inch water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When the apples start to soften, add cinnamon to taste. If the apples need sweetening, add sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
- Remove from heat when the apples are soft but still retain their shape. Cover and let stand for one hour before refrigerating until ready to serve.
- To serve, top the applesauce with cranberries and snippets of mint. Garnish with a spring of fresh mint.
I substituted dried cranberries for fresh.
I found this recipe in The Romantic Prairie Cookbook.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.