Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
You need to try these easy apple recipes! Every fall, I try to go apple picking. We have quite a few orchards in rural Vermont so it’s not hard to find somewhere to go. While there are a few wild apple trees on the road we live, they tend to be small and sour. I find that orchards really have the best-flavored apples for baking and eating.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
13 Easy Apple Recipes for Fall
Apples are the perfect fruit for fall because they’re easy to preserve. You can keep an apple in a cool, dark area for quite a while which is why our ancestors picked them and stored them in their root cellars. While I don’t use a root cellar, I’ve found that apples stay good for quite a while in the back corner of our hallway once the temperature drops.
Apples are great to snack on fresh and as they get a bit softer, they’re great for fall baking once the temperature cools down. Different apples are better for different things. Some apples are best for applesauce and others for apple pie or apple crisp. Still others are best for eating fresh.
- Jonathans are a deep red color and are the best choice for apple pies. They are tart and slightly tangy. Apple pie often tastes the best when made with more than one variety of apple. Add a few Honeycrisp apples for a bit more sweetness.
- Granny Smith are one of the best apples for baking in general. They are tart and slightly tangy and hold their shape well. Apple desserts where you want the apples to hold their shape work best with Granny Smith.
- Winesaps are the best apple for storing so if you want to eat them fresh for as long as possible, make sure you look for Winesaps.
- Golden Delicious apples are one of the sweetest apples. If you plan on making applesauce and don’t want to add any added sugar, choose a Golden Delicious.
Southern Homewares SH-10180 Apple Pear Potato Skin Peeler Kitchen Gadget For Peeling Fruit VegetablesSlow-Cooker Fall Favorites (Seasonal Cookbook Collection)Latest Kitchen Peeler Set With Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Here are a few easy apple recipes for fall that I enjoy making.
- Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
- Mulled Apple Cider
- Chocolate Mango Apple Bread
- Sweet Potato Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Warm Apple Pudding Cake
- Applesauce Spice Muffins
- Apple Abracadabra Cake
- Apple Cheddar and Pancetta Panini
- Harvest Heirloom Apple Cake
- Strawberry Apple Sonker with Dip
- Chunky Applesauce with Cranberries and Mint
- Caramelized Apple Cake
- Gluten Free Apfelkuchen Muffins
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.