Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am always looking for makeup beauty hacks to make my morning easier. Anything that saves time or makes my routine easier works. I don’t feel put together in the morning unless I apply my makeup. Doing my hair and makeup each morning is something I still do even though I work from home. That doesn’t mean that I want to spend an hour on my makeup. I just want to look like it. This post contains affiliate links.
8 Spring Makeup Beauty Hacks That Will Make You Glow
I put on a “full face” of makeup as my mother says. Despite using a variety of makeup products, I prefer the natural healthy look. I use makeup to accent my appearance, not to change it. Here are a few makeup beauty hacks to save you time in the morning while allowing you to get a natural glow.
- Disposable Eye Shadow Brushes – Cotton swabs are great for eye shadow application because they are disposable! I have reusable makeup brushes. When I’m trying to apply a variety of colors in one application, I use a disposable cotton swab for each color to ensure eye shadow hues stay true.
- The Ultimate Smokey Eye Look – To achieve a quick smokey eye, draw a thick line close to your lash line using eyeliner. Smudge upwards with a cotton swab to create a “smokey” effect.
- A Quick Fix for Eye Shadow Creases – Smooth eyeshadow creases on your eyelids with cotton swabs. Always remember to apply an eyeshadow primer first.
- Control Crazy Eyebrows – Control unruly brows by applying a small amount of coconut oil using a cotton swab to your eyebrows.
- Precision Powdering – Use a cotton swab to dab loose powder only where you need it for example, the center of the forehead, the sides of the nose and the chin.
- A Disposable Wand for Concealer – Use cotton swabs to apply concealer from a container if it doesn’t have a wand. Never stick your fingers in your makeup. This can transfer bacteria and oils.
- Keep Your Perfect Pout in Place – Keep lip color from bleeding by using cotton swabs to apply loose translucent powder along the outer edge of your lips.
- Mask a Blemish – To quickly hide a blemish, moisten one end of your cotton swab with an astringent that contains salicylic acid. Dab it on the blemish. Use the other end as a makeup applicator to apply an oil-free concealer to mask the blemish.
Follow me on Pinterest for more great ideas for busy moms:
- How to Choose the Right Lipstick Color for Spring by The Socialite’s Closet
- Colorful Spring Fashion Must Haves by How Was Your Day?
- Spring Mix and Match Wardrobe Featuring Target by Style on Main
- Spring Fashion Needs When Traveling the Country by Jen Around the World
- Coordinated Family Styles for Spring Pictures by Fun Happy Home
- Spring Trends 2016 by The Guavalicious Life
- 10 Top Colors for Spring by Day by Day in Our World
- Jewelry Trends 2016 by April Go Lightly
Resources to try these makeup beauty hacks:
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.