Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on July 23, 2020 by Ellen Christian
You’re going to love this enchilada casserole recipe! One of our favorite Mexican dishes to have for dinner is an enchilada! An enchilada is basically a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a chili pepper sauce. You can use a variety of different types of fillings depending on what you have on hand. Our personal favorite is a mixture of refried beans, rice, and of course Certified Angus Beef Brand ground beef.
You may also like:
Enchilada Casserole Recipe
One of the reasons that we love this enchilada casserole recipe is because it is gluten-free. While traditional enchiladas use a corn tortilla that is rolled around filling, this one saves time by using crushed tortilla chips. If you want to spend more time on this recipe, you can create the filling, stuff the enchiladas, add the sauce and cheese and bake it that way. I’m all about saving time at dinner. Make sure that you look for a brand of tortilla chips that are marked gluten-free. Some have added ingredients.
I found a great selection of Certified Angus Beef at our local Price Chopper in Rutland. For all my local readers, make sure that you look there for the beef for this recipe
Other Enchilada Recipes to try:
- Chicken enchilada rice casserole
- Easy beef enchiladas
- Black bean and quinoa enchilada bake
- Slow cooker shredded beef enchiladas
- Sour cream enchiladas
- Best beef enchiladas
- Ground beef enchiladas
- Black bean and beef enchiladas
- Beef enchilada dip
- Ground beef enchilada zucchini boats
- Cheesy layered beef enchilada bake
- Slow cooker beef enchilada chili
- Beef enchilada crescents
- Cheesy enchilada rice
- Burrito style beef enchiladas
- Beef and quinoa enchilada skillet
- Hearty beef enchiladas
- Sweet potato black bean enchilada bake
- Low carb cheese enchilada bake
- Crockpot shredded beef enchiladas
- Healthy Fajita Bowl Recipe
4.7 based on 3 review(s)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (4-oz.) diced green chiles, drained
- 16 ozs. tomato sauce
- 8 ozs. refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet brown ground beef and onion, for about 5 minutes; add diced green chilies at the end of the cooking period; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add tomato sauce and refried beans.
- Stir and heat until bubbly.
- Layer in a lightly greased baking dish starting with cooked rice, mozzarella, meat mixture, tortilla chips, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.