Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links. I wanted to share an almond milk benefit you probably don’t know about. My daughter is lactose intolerant, so we’ve been buying non-dairy milk for years for her to drink. Since I try to follow the Paleo diet as closely as I can, I don’t generally drink dairy milk either. However, we always have a container of dairy milk for my husband to enjoy. I recently learned about a benefit of almond milk that I wasn’t aware of and wanted to share.
You may also like:
Almond Milk Benefit
Before I get into the benefits, I wanted to share a little bit about almond milk with you for those that aren’t familiar with it. Almond milk is a nut milk that is obtained by soaking almonds in water and straining. It has a slightly nutty taste and creamy, smooth texture. As with most products, all almond milk is not created equally. Some contain added ingredients like carrageenan that I don’t want in my food. I always look for a brand that is gluten-free and non-GMO like New Barn Organic Almond Milk.
Benefits of Almond Milk
- Nutritious – Almond milk contains 49% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin E. Cow’s milk has 0%.
- Low calorie – For those that are watching their calories, almond milk contains only 39 calories for one cup on average. That’s about half of what a similar amount of skim milk has. This is important when considering almond milk for weight loss.
- Dairy free – Of course, since almond milk is a non-dairy milk, it contains no dairy. This makes it a great option for those that are lactose-intolerant or choose not to consume animal products. It’s a great dairy-free option.
- Hearth healthy – Studies show that eating nuts have been connected to lower risks of heart disease. So, that means that drinking almond milk regularly may help your heart.
- Low carb – Did you know that unsweetened almond milk is low carb? I had no idea. This means that it doesn’t cause a spike in your insulin level when you drink it. As a diabetic, this is something that my husband was concerned about when drinking dairy milk. Dairy milk contains 5% carbs per cup of milk. And, New Barn Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk contains only 1%.
New Barn Organic Almond Milk
New Barn Organic Unsweetened Almondmilk has three times the almond content of other brands. There are 3 grams of protein per serving. New Barn Organic Unsweetened Almondmilk is made from a clean, simple ingredient formula. Plus, New Barn Organic Unsweetened Almondmilk is Organic, Non-GMO, vegan, Kosher, and Whole30 Approved. And, New Barn Organic Unsweetened Almondmilk is non-dairy and free from gluten, soy, GMOs, and carrageenan.
There are a variety of different types of New Barn Almond Milk including Unsweetened, Barista (for coffee), Original, and even Unsweetened Vanilla. It can be found in a variety of stores and my readers in Vermont can find it at your local Shaws. The New Barn Almond Milk price is about $4.99.
I have been enjoying the New Barn Unsweetened Organic Almond milk with my Paleo granola each morning and I really like the taste. I love knowing that it’s free of carrageenan and Whole30 Approved. And, my daughter enjoys the New Barn Barista in her coffee each morning and is happy she has a non-dairy, gluten-free creamer she can use in her coffee without worry.
So, which almond milk benefit didn’t you know about?
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.