Marty and I don’t drink or serve alcohol to our guests. To offer our guests something a little special when we entertain, summer mocktails can be a great choice. We can always offer lemonade or my Templeton iced tea but sometimes I want something just a little bit different. Thankfully, there are lots of different summer mocktails we can make to serve at our parties. This virgin sangria recipe is one of my very favorites because it’s loaded with fresh, organic fruit. This post has been sponsored by Foodie.com.
Check out Summer Mocktails
This is the perfect summer mocktail recipe because I can vary the fresh fruit I use based on what is in season. So, if you don’t have cherries but do have raspberries, you can use those instead. If you don’t have orange juice but do have pineapple juice, feel free to substitute. Because you will be floating the fruit (orange, lime and lemon) in your mocktail, please choose organic.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tea bag (regular black tea)
- 1 small cinnamon stick (food grade not craft grade)
- 1½ cups pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup raw local honey
- ½ cup organic orange juice
- 1 orange (sliced into very thin slices)
- 1 lime (sliced into very thin slices)
- 1 lemon (sliced into very thin slices)
- ½ cup frozen organic dark sweet cherries
- 1½ cups carbonated water
- Put the tea bag and cinnamon stick in a bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Let it sit there for 5 minutes and then take the the tea bag out and discard.
- Put the tea, honey and juices in a large pitcher and mix well. Add the fruit and refrigerate for one to two hours to let the flavors merge.
- Right before you serve it, add the sparkling water.
- Pour into glasses making sure that you get a nice combination of fruit in each glass.
These summer mocktail recipes will be perfect for your Girls Night In party this summer. Gather a bunch of friends, send the men off to watch the kids, find a chick flick on television and you will be all set to relax. If TV isn’t your thing, how about a mani / pedi party? Have everyone bring a few of their favorite nail polishes and enjoy a few hours being pampered.
Summer Mocktails are very easy to make. It’s just a matter of removing the alcohol from your favorite drink and replacing it with juice of some sort. This Virgin Sangria mocktail is a yummy combination of pomegranate juice and black tea. Since I am a huge fan of both pomegranate juice and iced tea, it’s one of my favorites. If you like, you can use Trop50 in place of the pomegranate juice in your mocktail. For additional inspiration check out the Trop50 collection on Foodie.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Trop50 via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Trop50.