Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Along with all of the individual prizes we also have TONS of awesome Grand Prizes for everyone on your list including Baby, Kids (boys and girls), Teens, and Adults. The Grand Prizes include a Babyhome Emotion Stroller, Little Tikes Classic Castle, Pillow Pets Dream Lites, Pillow Racers, Furby, $50 The Children’s Place Gift Card, Nokia Lumia 900, and a Keurig Elite Brewing System!
Some days I wonder what I would do if all the technology disappeared in my home. Between the four of us, we have two computers, a lap top, several game systems, iPhones, iPad, iPod touch, and all sorts of other peripheral technology. All of our information is stored on these computers: budget, business files, homework, correspondence, music, videos, photos, etc. Making sure that this information is safe and secure is extremely important to us all.
Why Portable Backup Drives are a Necessity
- They are portable. You can take your portable backup drive with you to a friends house and connect it to any of their computers provided they have a USB port to connect to.
- Safe place for storage. Portable backup drives are not a permanent part of your computer. If your computer crashes, the information and files that you have stored on your portable backup drive will still be safe.
- Upgradeable when necesary. If you find you need more storage space, you can replace the portable backup drive with a new one or purchase an extra one.
- Able to store large amounts of data and files. If you have a 1TB portable backup drive, you could store up to 17,000 hours of music or 320,000 high resolution digital photos. That’s a lot of information!
- Frees up space on your computer. Don’t slow your computer down by storing all sorts of downloads and large files. Free up the space by storing these files on portable backup drives like the 1 TB Backup Plus from Seagate.
Seagate Backup Plus
The Backup Plus portable backup drive from Seagate lets you protect all your information locally. From the Seagate Dashboard, you can use the Protect function to set up a one click plan or customize your local backup. You can keep multiple copies of your files in case of disaster. Using the save feature enables user-generated content to be backed up from your favorite social network. The share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer. You can install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac and use the drive interchangeably between PC and Mac computers without reformatting. It features USB 3.0 for quick data transfer rates; upgrade to Thunderbolt technology or FireWire 800 with the available additional adapter.
The first thing that I noticed is that , the Backup Plus portable back up drive is very quiet. I love that. The last thing I want to hear is something running constantly next to where I’m working. The 18″ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable is short for use on desktops, so it’s best suited for laptops. It was very simple to use and very compact which is convenient for a college student who doesn’t have a lot of room. It measures roughly 4.86 in length by 3.19 in width by .57 deep. It weighs about .440 pounds. It’s super easy to toss in your backpack or brief case when you travel.
The Backup Plus retails for $109.99 direct from Seagate. It comes with a two year warranty which is quite impressive. One of my winners will win the black 1TB Backup Plus from Seagate:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now that you’ve entered my giveaway, please enter the other giveaways in this event:
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.