Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclosure: Compensation for this post on tips to update your kitchen was provided by Delta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Delta.
So you may remember that I told you in my post last month that I’ll be upgrading my kitchen sink with a new Delta Faucet. I have been giving a lot of thought to my kitchen lately. Because it’s an old house, it’s a rather small kitchen. The house’s location in the woods makes it dark as well. Because most of what we have is second hand or do it yourself, the kitchen lacks “style” and polish. While I would love to gut the entire kitchen and start over or buy all new furniture, that is just not going to happen. I needed to find tips to update your kitchen that didn’t require a lot of work.
10 Tips to Update Your Kitchen
- Declutter – No kitchen is going to look amazing if the kitchen table is covered with clutter. I struggle with this one a lot. Many of the photos in “My Dream Kitchen” Pinterest album have totally clear kitchen tables or tables with flowers on them.
- Cheerful linens – I’m all for cloth napkins and towels in the kitchen. Don’t continue to use linens that are dingy, faded and dull. Treat yourself to some cute, colorful linens.
- New hardware – Consider replacing the hardware and drawer pulls on your kitchen cabinet. Try a contrasting design for visual interest.
- Update your backsplash – Right now the wall behind our sink is rather dingy. I’m considering putting in a fun backsplash to brighten the area up.
- Add color – I’ve realized that much of my kitchen is brown and white. I need to add something bright and colorful to cheer it up.
- Add new faucet – Our faucet is old, dingy and doesn’t work well. We’ll be updating to a new Delta Touch20 Technology faucet.
- Paint job – If your walls or cabinets need it, add a new coat of paint. Consider a new color to inspire you.
- Add an area rug – I love woven rag rugs. My Grandmother had one in her kitchen when I was a child and they always make me smile.
- New curtains – Brighten up your windows with new curtains. Add a pot of herbs to the windowsill for even more color.
- Shelf liners – Put down fresh shelf liners in your cupboards and drawers. Choose something bright and cheerful.
I cannot wait to install our new Delta faucet. That is going to help update my kitchen a lot. Delta Touch2O Technology for your kitchen and bathroom is precisely in tune with your every touch. Take the quiz to learn which faucet style best describes you at deltafaucet.com. I will be back next month to share the update!
Do you need to update your kitchen?
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Delta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Delta.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.