Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Flonase® Allergy Relief
We love our three cats but since my daughter and I have pet allergies, there are challenges that come along with owning them. Thankfully, with a few simple changes, it was possible for us to keep our cats and keep our allergies under control as well.
Tips for Dealing with Pet Allergies
If you have pet allergies, chances are you may be allergic to pet dander.
Following these tips for dealing with pet allergies may help:
- Keep your pet out of your bedroom. Since we spend the most time in our bedrooms, it only makes sense to keep your pet out of that room and especially off the bed.
- Get an HEPA filter – Since the proteins on pet dander, are airborne and very tiny, adding an HEPA filter will help remove these particles and others like dust mites from your air.
- Keep up with the housework – Regularly vacuuming and dusting will go along way toward helping keep your pet allergies under control.
- Keep your hands clean – After petting, washing or interacting with your pet, remember to wash your hands to remove any allergens.
- Remove pet hair from clothes and blankets regularly – Invest in a lint roller and use it to remove pet hair from your clothes, blankets, couches, and pillows when necessary.
- Consider an over the counter allergy relief medication – When you need just a bit more help with your allergies, consider an over the counter allergy relief medication like FLONASE® Allergy Relief.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief is an over-the-counter nasal spray that offers 24-hour relief of nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, itchy nose, and itchy, watery eyes.
To demonstrate how FLONASE® helps people be greater than their fall and pet allergies, they’re hosting the Pet #FallofFame photo and video contest. Entering is easy! Show you and your pet being greater this fall for a chance to win the $5,000 grand prize & other prizes (like $250 in gift cards) here: http://bit.ly/1LkwZ6B.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.