Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It is possible to make a simple cupcake recipe that is a treat you won’t want to share with the kids. When I’m looking for an easy dessert, I generally turn to cupcakes. Almost as soon as they are frosted, the kids disappear with them. I usually manage to enjoy a few of them before they disappear. This time, I decided that I was going to make a simple cupcake recipe that was meant to be a decadent treat for grown ups to enjoy.
Simple cupcake recipe with Ghirardelli chocolates
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs, large
- 2 tsp Almond extract
- 3 bags Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle Squares
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line muffin tins with muffin papers (24).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in each egg. Add almond extract.
- Mix until completely combined.
- Add flour alternately with milk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When completely cool frost using a frosting bag or decorator tool.
- Add one Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle Square diagonally to each cupcake.
I received one bag of Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle Squares from She Speaks and used it to top eight cupcakes. The rest of the cupcakes I made with this simple cupcake recipe, I frosted plain and gave to the kids to eat. They cannot appreciate the rich, decadent taste of these chocolates with a creamy truffle filling inside. Each Milk & Truffle square is a tempting combination of dark and milk chocolate that you are not going to want to share. If you do want to be generous and share one of these with each person who receives a cupcake, you will need to buy three bags. There are 8 delicious squares in each 4.63oz bag. They can be purchased at Target, Supercenters, or Walgreens nationwide. Pick one up and try this simple cupcake recipe today.
Disclosure: I received a product or products in order to write my review. All opinions are mine and mine alone. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255 concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.