Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
You are going to love this Warm Bacon and Shallot Spinach Salad recipe! It doesn’t get much better than bacon no matter what you add it to. I love salads that can double as meals. It’s a great way to get all of the vitamins and fiber you need in one meal. Not only are they delicious, they are quick to prepare when you are short on time. Salads are also a great way to use up whatever extra produce you have on hand.
Spinach Salad Recipe
I look for ways to make healthy shortcuts in the kitchen when I’m pressed for time. I still want to make a good dinner for my family but I don’t have an hour to spend on preparation time. But, I really wish I did because I love spending time in the kitchen but I just don’t most nights. This is one of my favorite healthy spinach salad recipes to serve in the spring.
One of the ways I save time is by using prepared beef or chicken stock. Making your own can take hours that I just don’t have. I recently learned about a new product from Knorr called Knorr Homestyle Stock. These tubs of stock are available in either beef or chicken flavor. They have no added MSG, are low in fat and have no cholesterol.
You are going to love this Warm Bacon and Shallot Spinach Salad recipe! It doesn't get much better than bacon no matter what you add it to.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large shallot or small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 container (11 oz) baby spinach leaves, arugula or leaf lettuce
- red peppers
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup leftover chicken breast (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Cook bacon in 2-quart saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Cook shallot in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef and bring to a boil.
- Stir in vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
- Arrange spinach, chicken, peppers, cranberries and bacon on large serving platter. Drizzle with warm dressing and serve immediately.
This is a delicious spinach salad with bacon that can easily be added to and customized depending on what meal you’re serving it for. I added the avocado at the end since my husband is not a big fan of it. That way I served his without and mine with. It’s one of my favorite baby spinach salad recipes although I usually add a bit of arugula to it as well. You can use whatever leaf lettuce you have in the garden or at the grocery store. You may want to try my Easy Spinach Salad Recipe with Pomegranate Arils next. In the mood for something sweeter? Why not try my Fancy Fruit Salad Recipe.
Check out this video to get the absolute best bacon ever!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.