Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post has been sponsored.
It’s almost that time of year again. Last year, despite my good intentions, I spent much too much time driving from store to store in the snow looking for the perfect gift. I just knew I would find it at a better price at the next store I drove to. I am NOT doing that this year. Online shopping, here I come and with these online security shopping tips, I am ready!
Online Security Shopping Tips
Online shopping is the way to go. It’s fast, and you don’t need to leave the comfort of your home. No driving in the snow. No looking for parking spaces. No trudging through icy, snowy parking lots. Shipping only takes a few days, and returns are very easy if you need to return something.
One of the things that worries many people about online shopping is the safety of their financial information. Getting hacked isn’t fun but there are steps that you can take to ensure it doesn’t happen to you.
- Use familiar websites. Never buy anything from a site that isn’t secure. Look for the SSL (secure sockets layer). You can tell that a site is secure because it will start with “https://” rather than “http://”
- Monitor your statements. Don’t wait for the statement to come in the mail. Check your statement online regularly to check for suspicious activity.
- Never click on links from spam emails. Type the store’s web address in your address bar directly to avoid any phishing scams.
- Check the web address. Make sure you type in the web address properly. Scam sites often buy web addresses that are similar to the real site and only off by one or two letters.
- Only give the necessary information. While the store will need your credit card, they won’t need your birthdate or your social security number.
- Protect your online data with an online privacy and security app like Freedome.
Freedome is a simple security and online privacy solution. Freedome shields your privacy and lets you stay anonymous while you surf and shop the web. With Freedome, you can hide your real location so you can browse the web privately. It also allows you to use your favorite streaming services when you’re away from home. With a single tap of your finger, you can turn Freedome on and off on your devices. When you aren’t actively accessing the internet on your devices, Freedome goes to sleep to help preserve battery life. It wakes up again the next time you access the internet.
Freedome offers tracking protection, browsing protection, and connection protection. As you’re traveling this year, remember that using public WiFi hotspot can put your personal information in danger. With Freedome VPN, public WiFi is safe whether you are browsing or taking advantage of last minute sales. They even have a helpful ad blocker feature.
Freedome works on all your devices including your PC, Mac, and mobile devices:
- Windows 7 or later
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Android 4.0.3 or later
- iOS 7 or later
- Kindle Fire OS
No worries about Freedome being difficult to install. I had it up and running in just a few minutes and I am far from technical. Watch this video for more information.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.