Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m so excited to have been chosen to be part of the JC100 celebrating 100 years of Julia Child. I grew up watching Julia Child on PBS because my Mom was a huge fan so it’s even more special to be able to be part of this program now that I’m a Mom myself.
Each week I hope to be able to share with you one of Julia Child’s recipes so that you can try it and I will also share my photograph of the finished recipe as well. The first recipe is the Omelette Roulee or Rolled Omelette. We eat a lot of eggs at our house because we have our own ducks and chickens. During the spring, we always have more eggs than we know what to do with so this was perfect timing. I used parmesan cheese and chives on my rolled omelette but you can literally use just about anything in yours that you like.
Omelette Roulee or Rolled Omelette from Julia Child
- 2-3 eggs
- spoonful of water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- any fillings you like
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the water, salt and pepper.
- Beat until well combined.
- Heat an 8-10? omelette pan over very high heat.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan and pour in the eggs.
- Let the eggs set for a few seconds.
- Begin shaking the pan towards you without stopping.
- Continue to shake the pan, until the shaking starts to force your omelette to roll over.
- Add any fillings that you want in the center of the omelette.
- Keep moving the pan until the omelette is rolled up and in one end of the pan.
- Let it sit until the top edges get a golden color.
- Tilt pan and gently slide omelette onto a plate.*
- Original recipe excerpted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child.
- Copyright © 1961 by Alfred A. Knopf.
- Reprinted with permission from the publisher Alfred A. Knopf, a division of Random House, Inc.
I received nothing to participate. I’m just thrilled to be part of this group.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.