Last Updated on November 21, 2020 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a mini sweet potato pie recipe? Try these small sweet potato pies for dessert this year and impress your guests.
Let’s face it, the pie is one of the best parts of the holiday, isn’t it? If you agree, you might want to try my real simple sweet potato pie for a full-size treat.
Or, my apple rhubarb pie recipe is definitely one of our favorite spring desserts. It works well with frozen or fresh rhubarb.
Mini Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
These small sweet potato pies are a fun way to serve a traditional Thanksgiving dessert. Everything is already prepared so all you need to do is place the plate at each person’s seat.
There’s no need to deal with cutting everyone a slice when it comes time for dessert. They are a delicious handheld treat that’s available all year round.
What you need for this recipe
- Food processor to process the cooked sweet potatoes until smooth
- Rolling pin for pie crust
- Biscuit cutter
- Muffin tin
Can you make this ahead of time?
I like to save time on Thanksgiving by making as many dishes ahead of time as possible. So, you can definitely make this dessert the day before if you like. Just don’t add the whipped cream until right before you serve it.
What is the best pie crust?
There are lots of options when it comes to this mini sweet potato pie recipe. You can use a traditional pie crust. Or, you can go with graham cracker crumbs, shortbread cookies, gingersnaps, or even chocolate wafer cookies.
If you want an easy option, you can use frozen tart shells. These are already prepared and you just need to add the filling and cook.
Premade crusts are a wonderful way to save time during the holidays. No one wants to be stuck in the kitchen when they’d rather be relaxing.
How to make sweet potato pie
- Cook the sweet potatoes
- Process until smooth with other ingredients in your food processor
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into rounds
- Press into a muffin tin
- Scoop the sweet potato mixture into each mini pie crust
- Bake until set
- Top with your choice of toppings
What can I top this with?
If you know how to make homemade whipped cream, that is an absolutely delicious topping. Or, you can use whipped topping from the grocery store if you prefer.
Or, try a sweet potato pie with mini marshmallows on top. To keep the sugar content down, dust lightly with confectioner’s sugar.
Should I serve mini sweet potato pie warm or cold?
Traditionally, this dessert is served cold or at room temperature. It holds its shape better that way. But if you want to serve it warm, you can do that as well.
How can I store leftovers?
If you have extras, you can store them tightly covered in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Don’t add the whipped topping or marshmallows until right before serving for the best taste.
This mini sweet potato hand pie will not freeze well.
More sweet potato recipes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, whites only
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 5 to 8 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain well and cool completely.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a food processor with the evaporated milk, egg whites, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Roll out pie crust and cut into small rounds with a biscuit cutter. Press each dough circle into the muffin tin.
- Scoop even portions of the sweet potato mixture into the pie shells being careful not to overfill. Tap the muffin tin against the counter to settle the pie filling.
- Bake for 10 (tart pan) to 15 minutes (muffin tin) or until a toothpick inserted returns clean.
- Cool completely in the pan. Use a spoon or dull knife to remove the mini pies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.