Last Updated on September 5, 2022 by Ellen Christian
Check out these mango storage tips and try my favorite mango smoothie recipe today. It’s a deliciously refreshing fresh mango smoothie.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mango Storage Tips
I recently attended BlogHer Food in Austin, Texas and learned a ton of great information. While we spent a lot of time in classes learning to be better food bloggers, we also had the chance to meet several brands as well.
One of the brands that I met was the National Mango Board. They were nice enough to send me a box of mangoes to enjoy. I’ll be totally honest with you here. The only way I have ever tried a mango before was in a fruit cocktail.
Yes, I’ve walked by them in the grocery store a number of times but I’ve never been sure exactly what to do with them once I brought them home.
Now, here I was faced with not one but five mangoes. I realized that I had known nothing at all about mango storage. I wanted to make these treats last as long as possible so we can enjoy them.
You may want to try this mango popsicle recipe while you have fresh mangoes. It’s delicious.
How to store mangoes
Here is what I learned about mango storage.
- Mangoes can be stored in your pantry or on your counter for two to five days until ripe.
- If you want to them to ripen faster, you can store them on your counter in a brown paper bag.
- How do you know if mangoes are ripe? It will give slightly, much like a fresh peach will.
- Once mangoes are ripe, they should be stored in the refrigerator. How long do mangoes last in the fridge? They will stay good for about five to seven days once they are ripe.
- Can you freeze whole mangoes? It’s best to use this technique. Wash, peel and slice mangoes. Freeze them on a cookie sheet & then transfer to plastic containers. Store ten to twelve months. When it comes to cutting mangoes, I highly recommend this mango tool.
Of course, I have found that one of the best things to do with mangoes is to eat them when you get them. They can be sliced and added to yogurt or cereal or eaten fresh. I also discovered that they are delicious in a smoothie!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy mangoes?
More fresh fruit recipes
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup orange, pineapple or mango juice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender & blend on high for about two minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 237gFiber: 36gSugar: 166gProtein: 11g
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.