Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
I grew up living next to a cemetery and used to spend many afternoons wandering through the cemetery looking at all the different gravestones. A fun game to play is Gravestone Bingo but it’s VERY important to make sure that those playing understand that the cemetery is somewhere we need to show respect. There is never to be any running, climbing or sitting on or otherwise being loud while in the cemetery.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Play Gravestone Bingo
Consider Gravestone Bingo a way to get a nice walk in on a fall day rather than a place to run and play. For this reason, I would play this game with other adults versus children. You can offer a prize of a gift card to a local coffee shop to the winner.
- You can draw a bingo card and make copies or use a simple list on a piece of paper. Add 10 things that people should find on the gravestones (Died in the 1800s, Man and Woman Buried Together, Fresh Flowers on the Grave, Poem on the Gravestone, etc.)
- Set a time limit. I recommend about an hour.
- Have everyone wander through the cemetery and check off the items as they find them.
- Prize goes to the person who has the most check marks at the end of the hour.
Castleton has lots of interesting historic cemeteries to wander through. Last time I was in Boston, I visited one of their historic cemeteries too. I love the decorative tombstones they had there as well.
Before you leave, take a final look around the cemetery and make sure that you’ve left it in exactly the same condition it was when you got there. Now everyone can enjoy a hot coffee or cup of hot chocolate to warm up.
For more fall photos, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to play gravestone bingo by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Pumpkin Glam by Champagne Living
- Smooth Ride Lexus Harvest by Controlled Confusion
- Dear Daughter, Happy Birthday by Tools 2 Tiaras
- Fall Florida Flowers by Life with Lisa
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.
8 thoughts on “How to Play Gravestone Bingo”