Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Learning how to make a magic wand can help you assemble many different types of costumes. Whether your little girl wants to be a princess, a fairy, a witch, or Tinkerbell, a magic wand is an important part of the costume. Depending on what type of character your child wants to be, you can adjust the colors to match. Since I am making this magic wand for Tinkerbell, I chose to paint mine yellow and green. A princess or fairy costume could be white, pink or lavender. A witch costume could be black, red and silver. Just use your imagination. Make your magic wand in purple and black for a Harry Potter themed magic wand.
How to Make a Magic Wand
- Wooden star
- Wooden dowel
- Acrylic paints in two different colors for a double star or one color for a single star
- Paint brush
- Ribbon in sparkly gold or silver
- Paint the star and allow it to dry completely.
- Attach the dowel and the ribbons to the back of the star using glue.
- Allow to dry completely.
You can choose to embellish your magic wand or to leave it as is. A few suggestions are:
- Add glitter or buttons to the center of the star.
- Paint your child’s first initial in the center of the smaller star.
- Add stickers or decoupage your child’s favorite fairy or princess to the center of the star.
- If you want to use a slightly smaller star, you can substitute a pencil for the dowel and let your child have a magic wand pencil to take to school with them.
- To make the wand reflective (if you are taking it trick or treating at night), skip the paint and cover the star with aluminum foil instead.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.