Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you been wondering how to add shine to your hair? Are you noticing now that you’re over forty that your hair has lost the luster and shine it had when you were younger? Aging and hormone changes can cause changes in your hair that may leave you less than happy. Sometimes, I feel like I have a bad hair day ever single day lately. Thinning hair, lack of moisture and dullness are all issues that I struggle with lately when it comes to my hair. While there isn’t a lot that you can do about hormone changes as you age, there are a few simple tips you can incorporate into your hair care routine to help bring back some shine and manageability.
How to Add Shine to Your Hair and Improve Its Health
As you age, your hair strands become thinner and new hair growth may slow. The protein content of the strands of hair change as well which can cause hair to appear thinner. A loss of fatty acids and keratin in your hair makes your hair duller and more prone to damage. You may notice that having your hair dyed, highlighted or heat styled causes more damage as you age than it did when you were younger.
- Because your hair is more likely to become damaged as you age, it’s even more important than ever to return moisture to your hair. Be certain to use a shampoo and conditioner that contain a healthy oil like Moroccan Argan Oil. Moroccan Argan Oil conditions your hair while smoothing the cuticle to make hair shinier.
- Use a conditioner more frequently. When I was younger, I hardly ever used conditioner, but I have found that as I age, I need to condition almost every day to keep my hair healthy and manageable. Dry hair is more prone to breaking.
- Finish your hair washing with a cool rinse. Heat can cause the hair follicle to splinter which will give it an uneven appearance. Finishing with a cool rinse will make your hair appear smoother.
- You way want to consider using heat styling less frequently than you did when you were younger. Take a day or two when you plan on having a casual day to let your hair dry naturally.
- When you do heat style your hair, always be certain to use a Shine Styling Oil like the Suave Professional Moroccan Infusion. It’s a weightless styling oil that that’s infused with authentic Moroccan Argan Oil. It’s designed to revive your hair without weighing it down. It helps smooth the cuticle for long lasting shine.
When I went grocery shopping this week at Albertsons, I picked up the new Moroccan Infusion Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Oil from Suave. I noticed that they have real Moroccan Argan Oil which is salon proven to add shine to your hair. These products are for normal to dry hair which is perfect for me! Plus, they are safe for color treated hair so I know that using them will help my highlights stay vibrant as long as possible. I love the way they helped return the shine to my hair, and they have a fresh, clean natural scent that I really enjoyed.
Now that spring is here, it’s time to refresh your hair care routine. Learn how to add shine to your hair. Take the “Hair Goals” quiz to get a $2 off coupon, good for any 2 participating Unilever hair care products including the new Moroccan Infusion Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Oil from Suave they recommended for me.
Finally, check out my Eufora hair products review.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.