Last Updated on September 5, 2020 by Ellen Christian
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Finding heart healthy tips means that my husband and I can be more certain the foods we are eating are good for our heart. My husband already has high blood pressure so I try to find heart healthy tips that help him follow the guidelines his doctor gave him. When I first learned that he had high blood pressure, I thought that it would mean a huge change in our lifestyle. Thankfully, many of the products we already enjoy eating are heart healthy.
Heart Healthy Tips
- Watch the size of your portions. Eating too much can be just as bad as eating the wrong foods. Eat more lower calorie foods like fruits and vegetables and less of the high calorie foods like fast foods.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals as well as being low in calories and high in fiber.
- Choose whole grains. Whole grains are good sources of fiber that help regulate blood pressure and heart health.
- Limit bad fats and bad cholesterol. This can help reudce your cholesterol level. High cholesterol can increase our risk of a heart attack and stroke.
- Choose low fat protein sources like lean meats, poultry and fish. We enjoy Boar’s Head heart-healthy deli meats Boars Head certified heart healthy deli meats like the EverRoast Oven Roasted Chicken Breast because it is full of flavor and makes a wonderful sandwich. We also use it to top our salad to give it an extra boost in protein.
I plan on trying the EverRoast Chicken Quinoa Pilaf recipe soon. I love that I can have the whole meal ready in less than an hour. I don’t have a lot of time at the end of the day to make a complicated meal. Less than an hour works just perfectly for my family. The EverRoast Oven Roasted Chicken Breast is a lean meat so it works perfectly in our heart healthy diet.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.