Last Updated on June 24, 2019 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for American Heritage Chocolate. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
I love having guests over for coffee during the holidays. Heck, I love having guests over for coffee all the time. You cannot just have someone over for coffee. A coffee visit requires some sort of dessert or sweet as well. My husband will always choose my Big Chocolate Chip Cookies and Christmas cookies work well during holidays. I sometimes want something a little bit more grown up than cookies. Finding healthy holiday bread recipes can be a challenge. This Chocolate Mango Apple Bread recipe uses American Heritage chocolate. All American Heritage Chocolate products are certified Kosher, made with all-natural ingredients and no preservatives.
Because American Heritage Chocolate is an authentic historic recipe for chocolate and is made with ingredients that were only available in the 1750’s, it has a very one-of-a-kind flavor that is mildly spicy, and slightly sweet. American Heritage Chocolate is flavored with a blend of spices and ingredients available during colonial times, including cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, orange, anise and vanilla. It’s the perfect addition for this lightly sweet Chocolate Mango Apple bread recipe.
Chocolate Mango Apple Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup pureed mangoes
- 1/4 cup organic apple butter (I used Eden Organics)
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shaved American Chocolate Chocolate Block
- Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar into a bowl.
- Add the water & yeast into a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Stir until you see bubbles.
- Add the pureed mango and apple butter and fold in very gently.
- Add the melted butter and stir until the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Add the shaved American Chocolate Chocolate Block and stir until it is mixed in.
- Form the dough into a ball and put it in a clean, greased bowl. Cover it with a towel and let it rise in a warm spot until it doubles.It took me a couple hours near the wood stove.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle and place it on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Let rise for another hour.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cool and slice.
- This makes one small loaf.
Did you know that chocolate has been enjoyed as a drink for over 3500 years? Or that Aztecs used cocoa beans as currency in 1519? Mars Chocolate North America created American Heritage Chocolate. It is an authentic historic recipe used in chocolate history demonstrations and is available for sale at over 130 living history museums and sites across the United States and Canada.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.