Last Updated on April 11, 2021 by Ellen Christian
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you know you can have healthy hair with coconut oil? Yes, you really can. Coconut oil is a miracle worker. With all of the heat styling I’ve been doing to get my hair holiday ready, I need some serious deep conditioning. While I use a regular conditioner almost every day, once a month or so I need to give my hair a deep conditioning treatment with coconut oil.
Healthy Hair With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has so many health benefits but applying it to your hair wasn’t one I had considered. Coconut oil is very helpful for any hair type as a conditioner. It not only helps with dry, damaged hair, it helps to promote hair growth. As I get older, I realize that my hair is not growing as quickly as it did when I was younger. Coconut oil can help promote hair growth.
So, you don’t need to buy expensive beauty products with harsh chemicals. In many instances, there are natural alternatives that will work just as well if not better. Plus, coconut oil has been used for centuries to heal damaged hair and promote hair growth by natives of coastal and tropical regions.
You may want to try making your own hair rinse.
How to apply
So, coconut oil comes from the coconuts of mature coconut trees. In its normal state, it is thick and white so it needs to be worked between your hands to turn it semi-solid and make it easy to apply to your hair. Next, to apply coconut oil to your hair, follow these simple steps:
- Take about a tablespoon of coconut oil from the jar.
- Work it gently between your hands until it is pliable and starts to turn semi-liquid.
- Rub the coconut into a comb and comb it through your hair.
- Repeat until every strand is coated in coconut oil.
- Leave it on overnight. You can wear a scarf over your hair to protect your pillowcase.
- In the morning, shampoo your hair as normal.
Now, for more beauty prep for the holidays, visit a few of my favorite bloggers
- Holiday Beauty Must Dos by Controlled Confusion
- A Kinder Egg for Rachel by Champagne Living
- Don’t Get Caught Without These Items by Rajean Blomquist
- Last Minute Beauty Prep by Tools 2 Tiaras
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.