Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m sharing my favorite healthy banana bread recipe (egg free) to show you how cool my new Cake Boss baking items are that I was sent for review. You can find the new Cake Boss baking items at Michaels. I absolutely love baking and the cooler weather has inspired me to get back into the kitchen again. Bread and muffins are one of my downfalls. Some recipes can be very heavy in fat and sugar which is definitely not good for me. I always try to find healthier ways to bake and this healthy banana bread recipe is one of my favorites.
You may also like:
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe (Egg Free)
This healthy banana bread is a great way to start the day for breakfast or as a snack later on. With any snack, the key is portion size. Slice the pieces thinly and enjoy one rather than several. A serrated bread knife makes the process much simpler. If you’re still tempted to eat too many pieces of this delicious bread, you can slice the pieces and freeze each one in a freezer bag. Then just take one piece out each day to enjoy.
Yields 1 loaf
This healthy banana bread recipe (egg free) is a great way to start the day!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 3 large bananas or 4 small bananas, frozen, thawed and mashed
- 2 eggs or 2 tbsp flax seed soaked in 6 tbsp water for 15 mins
- 2 tbsp softened butter or butter replacement
- 3 tbsp local honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (NOT flavoring)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or half all purpose & half whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds, shelled
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan or use a non-stick alternative.
- Mash the bananas & mix with the wet ingredients.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and then stir in nuts and seeds.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
This simple healthy banana bread recipe has quickly become a favorite in my home. One way we keep this healthy is by not spreading on butter, nut butter, jam or cream cheese. The bread is moist enough as is to not need anything added to it. If you do want to top it, you need to take those extra calories into account as well.
If you want to turn this into a super healthy banana bread, you can add a handful of shredded veggies to your bread The kids will never know the difference if you shred it thinly. I like to add carrots and zucchini to ours. I like to shred up extra carrots and zucchini in the summer when we have them from the garden and store them in the freezer. Just be sure to squeeze out any extra moisture or your bread will be too dense.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.