Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out these healthy no bake pie recipes! When I was growing up, there was only one way to make a no-bake pie recipe, you used whipped topping and no-bake pudding mix. Since I am trying not to buy processed foods, I started looking for healthy no-bake pie recipes from scratch. The filling in no-bake pies is generally very similar to pudding so after some thought, I realized that all I needed to do was use my favorite homemade pudding recipe as the pie filling. Since Marty absolutely LOVES anything chocolate, I decided that I would make him a homemade no-bake chocolate cream pie.
You may also like:
14 Healthy No Bake Pie Recipes From Scratch
Of course, there are a lot of healthy no-bake pie recipes you can make using from scratch ingredients. These are just a few of my favorites. Each one starts with unprocessed ingredients as much as possible. It’s one of my favorite no bake chocolate pies.
You will notice that my pie crust is not homemade. I HATE making pie crust. It’s a skill that I do not have. To compensate, I buy all natural or organic pie crusts. If you enjoy making your own pie crust, you can certainly do that as well. By using a gluten-free pie crust, this pie recipe will be gluten-free.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups whole milk, raw if you can
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 5 ounces dark chocolate chips
- In a pan, heat the milk and 1/4 cup sugar until bubbles form around the outside edges.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar and corn starch..
- Pour the mixture into the milk/sugar mixture in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the dark chocolate chips until melted.
- Pour into the cooked pie crust and smooth the top.
- Top with homemade whipped cream if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
You could easily change the flavor of this pie if you wanted to. Instead of making chocolate pudding, you could make vanilla, butterscotch or even banana pudding. Then you’d just need to swap the chocolate chips from fresh strawberries, butterscotch chips, or sliced bananas. Homemade pudding really is quite versatile and it’s super easy to make.
If you’re not gluten intolerant, you can use a traditional graham cracker crust or a baked pie shell if you prefer. I hope you have time to try this no bake chocolate pie with graham cracker crust.
Here are a few others to try:
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- No Bake Banana Split Cake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Dirt Pie
- No Bake Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- No Bake Mini Strawberry Pies
- No Bake Vegan Strawberry Pie
- No Bake Vegan Key Lime Pie
- Mini Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Sweet Pie
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She believes that it doesn’t have to be difficult to lead a healthy life. She shares simple healthy living tips to show busy women how to lead fulfilling lives. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.